Lakeland Burn Injury Lawyer
When you think of personal injury cases, you don’t really think of a burn injury. You think of car accidents and maybe medical malpractice. However, burn injuries are more common than you may think. There are about 450,000 burn injuries every year in the United States. Of these injuries, about 3,500 on average die from their injuries. Most people who die from burn injuries either die at the scene or on the way to the hospital. A lot of these injuries take place at the scene of an accident or explosion. Sadly, a lot of burn victims are children. Almost 100,000 children are treated for burns every year in emergency rooms across the country. The good news is that if you or a loved one received burn injuries, the survival rate is over 96%. Even though a burn is one of the most painful injuries to suffer, your chances of survival are very good. It is crucial you hired an experience Lakeland Burn Injury Lawyer if you suffered burn injuries.
Lakeland Burn Injury Lawyer Handles All Types of Burn Cases
There are a lot of different types of burns. A burn injury occurs whenever you suffer skin damage due to heat, radiation, chemicals or an electrical source. We tend to think of a house fire when we think of burns. However, there are a lot of different ways in which you can suffer a burn injury. Some of the more common causes of a burn injury include fire, electrical current, steam, and hot liquid. Radiation, hot glass, tanning beds, and chemicals can also be responsible.
Some of these burns are the result of an accident. These accidents often are caused by negligence. Others are the result of reckless or intentional action. Either way, you may have a claim against a third party or an insurance company. You need to hire a burn injury attorney to help you pursue your claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Burn Injury Lawyers in Lakeland, FL Get you Compensation for all Types of Burns
Unlike a lot of physical injuries, burn injuries can be measured. They are measured in degrees. The level of your burn will have an impact on your recovery and if you will have any lasting damage. It is important to understand burn levels. That way, you have an idea of how much compensation you may be entitled to in Lakeland, FL.
Burns are categorized by degree. There are 4 different degrees of burns. They are categorized as follows:
- First-degree – These are the least serious and only affect the outer layer of skin. They are usually caused by the spillage of hot liquids on the victim’s body. They are easily treatable and very rarely leave lasting effects. The exception to this is if a victim suffers a burn to the face. Facial burns can be serious regardless of the degree.
- Second-degree – These types of burns affect both the outer layer and the second layer of skin. They are usually the result of explosions such as a fuel tank flare-up. Flash fires can also cause them. These are dangerous yet short fires that can cause serious injuries.
- Third-degree – This is an even more serious type of burn. Some people do survive third-degree burns. However, they usually suffer life-long damage associated with the burn. This is because the burn actually affects the muscles underneath the skin. Most third-degree burn victims also suffer breathing issues. This type of burn often requires surgery and skin grafts. The recovery is long and the victim will face a very long rehabilitation.
- Fourth-degree – Sadly, most people do not survive fourth-degree burns. If your loved one suffered a fourth-degree burn, consult an attorney about a possible wrongful death claim.
Contact a Lakeland Burn Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury, you’ll want to contact a Lakeland burn injury lawyer. The time involved in your physical recovery may be long and laborious. You want to focus on that and let your lawyer handle the business side of things.
Some of the damages your Lakeland burn injury lawyer will want to pursue are:
- Medical bills (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Permanent loss of income
- Facial disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Lakeland, FL personal injury attorney today. The initial consultation is free and your lawyer can answer any questions or concerns you may have. Let your lawyer focus on your legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.