Car accidents can happen on any road in Tampa, FL. However, while driving on some roads in Florida you need to exercise extra caution. These roads continuously record a higher number of road accidents, making them dangerous to be on. The roads have earned Florida the reputation of having the most dangerous roads in the US.
Which are the Most Dangerous Roads in Tampa, FL?
- Interstate 4: This highway has been named the most dangerous road in the country. For every mile, they are 1.41 fatalities. Due to its high number of fatal accidents, Floridians refer to it as the “Haunted Highway.” That would be a pretty cool name if the highway didn’t claim so many lives. Most accidents on this highway are a result of distracted driving. Florida is notorious for its high number of distracted drivers who text or are otherwise on the phone when driving. Being the busiest interstate in the US, the heavy traffic is also a major cause of car accidents. If you are injured in a car accident on Florida’s I-4, talk to a car accident lawyer in Tampa.
- Interstate 95: I-4 is not the only road in Florida on the top 10 list of the most dangerous highways in America. I-95 is number five on that list. It can have over 300,000 vehicles on it daily and has .89 traffic fatalities per mile. The number of fatal accidents on this highway is also worrying, particularly the drive through Miami-Dade and Broward. While on I-95, look out for any distracted drivers who put your life and that of other motorists at risk.
- Interstate 10: This is the third road from Florida on the list of dangerous highways in the US. This road is placed seventh and is the fourth longest highway in America. The highway is 2460 miles and stretches from Santa Monica, California to Jacksonville, Florida. The highway lacks barriers and reckless drivers unexpectedly cross several lanes. This causes most of the car accidents.
- Florida Turnpike: This road goes through 11 Florida counties and is also referred to as the Sunshine State Parkway and Ronald Regan Turnpike. What makes this road dangerous is the number of fast drivers and road debris. Driving at night on this road may not be safe. The number of wrong-way driving crashes at night is alarming. You, therefore, need to be extra careful if you are on it at night.
Advice from a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa on How to be Safe on Dangerous Roads.
A car accident attorney will tell you the most dangerous time to be on a highway is when it’s busiest. These times include:
- Between the 5-6pm rush hour. This is the time people are rushing back home from work.
- During the holidays. This includes Memorial Day, 4th of July, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Over the weekend, especially Saturday. Fridays also have a large number of accidents then Sunday.
If you intend to use these roads, try getting on them when they are less congested. For example, if you are traveling for the holidays try leaving early in the morning. At that time, the highways are less busy and have fewer distracted or drunk drivers. Also, ensure you drive within speed limits, avoid distractions and don’t drink and drive.
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Car Accident on Any of the Dangerous Roads in Tampa, FL.
Following a car accident, you are likely to be in a state of panic. Try and stay calm and if you are able, call the emergency services. The emergency services, including medics and police, should arrive at the crash scene in a few minutes. The medics will offer you treatment for your injuries immediately or rush you to a hospital for serious injuries. Police will begin investigating your accident and compile a police report from information gathered from the scene. The police report will be vital if you decide to file a lawsuit against the driver who caused your accident. Once you get treated for your injuries, you should contact a car accident lawyer in Tampa.
How Can a Car Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL Help?
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident on Florida’s dangerous roads, call Winters & Yonker. Our Tampa car accident lawyers have years of experience representing victims of car accidents caused by negligent drivers. Using our experience, we will get you the maximum compensation from the party at fault. Get in touch immediately after your crash to schedule a free consultation. Should your claim be valid, we will not charge any fees until we win your case.
Let's get started with your FREE consultation