Do I Really Need a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer?
The answer to this question depends on how serious your car accident was. For a minor accident that caused property damage worth a few hundred dollars, you might not need a lawyer. However, if your accident resulted in injuries or major property damage you should talk to a car accident attorney in Tampa. To find out if you need an auto accident attorney in Tampa contact Winters & Yonker. We will review your case and determine if you can file damages claims against the driver who caused your accident.
When Should You Hire an Auto Accident Attorney in Tampa?
Following a car accident caused by a negligent driver, you should get help from a Tampa car accident lawyer when:
- You sustained injuries.
- If you were hurt during an accident, you can seek compensation. The driver at fault is liable to pay you damages incurred due to the accident. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A car accident attorney will assess your injuries and tell you how much compensation you deserve. They will also engage the insurance company of the driver at fault to try to get you a quick settlement. The settlement can help you pay your medical bills which can be huge if you sustained serious injuries.
- You were not responsible, but the other driver is denying fault. Tampa, FL has a comparative fault system used to a apportion liability in a car accident. A driver at fault may not want to pay you any compensation. If they do, they want it to be minimal. Through the comparative fault system, they can deny they caused the accident and blame it on you. Investigators will then try to determine who was at fault. If you are more than 50% to blame you cannot be compensated for your injuries. Also, if found to be 10% at fault, for example, compensations awarded will be less 10%. That means if you get $50,000 in compensation, you will only receive $45,000. Reduced compensation may mean you having to go into your pocket to pay for your treatment. This may further strain your finances. To ensure you don’t get unfairly blamed, get an auto accident attorney in Tampa, FL. They will vigorously fight any aspersions cast by the defendant on your liability following a car crash.
- You are being treated unfairly by the insurance company. After an accident, the insurance company of the driver at fault will likely get in touch with you. The best thing to do is avoid talking to them before consulting a Tampa car accident lawyer. Insurance companies are in business to make profits. They, therefore, don’t like paying any damages claims. When they reach out to you, they don’t have your best interest at heart. They will offer you less than you deserve as settlement and make you believe it’s the best you can get. Don’t believe them. Talk to your lawyer and let them negotiate your settlement with the insurer. You will definitely get more in damages because from their experience, they know the true worth of your claim. Also be careful when talking to the insurance adjusters. They might trick you into saying something that will affect your claim. Don’t say much to them. If they need any information, your attorney will provide it.
What Types of Car Accidents Can a Lawyer in Tampa, FL Assist With?
An auto accident attorney in Tampa can assist you in filing a personal injury claim against a reckless driver following:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- DUI accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents involving uninsured drivers
- Collisions where passengers get injuries
- Wrecks involving a fatigued driver
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Accidents caused by poorly maintained cars
Whatever type of car accident you’re in, if you are injured, talk to an attorney as soon as you can.
Contact a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer at Winters & Yonker
Following a car accident caused by a reckless driver, you might be confused about what action to take against them. To help you decide, contact one of our auto accident attorneys in Tampa, FL. They will look into your accident and discuss the legal options available to you. If you decide to file a claim for damages, the attorney will aggressively pursue your compensation. Using their experience, they will negotiate for the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries. If you are unsure of whether to get a car accident lawyer, call us for a free consultation. We will answer all your questions relating to car accident attorneys.