If you were injured due to a product defect in Lakeland, FL, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Designers, manufacturers, and even distributors can be held strictly liable for defective and dangerous consumer products. An experienced Lakeland product liability lawyer at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have over 119 years of experience in personal injury law. Since we founded our law firm in 2001, we have dedicated our legal practice to fighting to protect injured clients like you.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers. Can Help With a Product Liability Claim in Lakeland
Companies are responsible for making sure their products are reasonably safe. They’re required to adhere to strict safety standards. Unfortunately, defective products cause injuries every day. Some of those injuries can be extremely serious.
An experienced Lakeland personal injury lawyer can help you hold the responsible parties accountable. At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have a reputation for aggressively protecting our clients.
When you hire us, you’ll have a lawyer who will:
- Conduct an investigation to prove the product was defective
- Find out whether others have suffered similar injuries
- Determine how much your personal injury claim is worth
- Hire experts who can help establish liability
- Protect you if the manufacturer claims you used the product incorrectly
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the maximum compensation you deserve
- Protect your legal rights in court if necessary to recover fair compensation
Costs can be high after an injury. Our lawyers don’t want you to avoid getting legal advice because you think you can’t afford it. That’s why we offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. You’ll have no upfront costs and you’ll only pay our attorneys’ fees if we recover compensation in your case.
Ready to learn more? Call our Lakeland personal injury attorneys for your free case review today.
How Common Are Dangerous Products in Florida?
In the United States alone, about 40 million people are hurt because of product defects each year. Approximately 46,200 people sustain injuries that are serious enough to be fatal.
Many different types of products can cause injuries. The statistics can be frightening.
Studies have found that about one-third of all FDA-approved prescription drugs have unintended side effects. Over 35 million people were impacted by automotive industry recalls in a single year. About 1.7 million people were injured due to defective medical devices between 2008 and 2017.
What is My Lakeland Product Liability Case Worth?
No two personal injury cases are exactly the same. That means there’s no magic formula for calculating how much compensation you may recover for your injuries.
Some variables that can impact your case value include:
- The type of injuries the defect caused
- Whether liability can be clearly established
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you lose income during recovery
- Whether your future earnings are impacted by the injury
- How your lifestyle and quality of life are impacted
- Whether your case involves multi-district litigation (MDL) or a class action lawsuit
Product manufacturers have teams of defense attorneys and insurance adjusters fighting to minimize their financial responsibility. Our lawyers are prepared to help you fight back. Call today to schedule your free initial consultation to get started.
What Types of Damages Are Available if I Was Injured by a Defective Product?
Compensatory damages in Florida are classified as either economic or non-economic. Injury victims can seek compensation to cover any type of loss associated with the injury.
Economic damages are monetary losses, such as:
- Medical expenses, including doctor’s visits, medications, hospitalization, etc.
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost future earnings
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs in wrongful death cases
Non-economic damages often include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
These types of losses aren’t easy to prove. Insurance companies know that and often try to pressure victims into accepting less money than they really deserve. Our product liability lawyers in Lakeland will help you provide clear documentation of your losses. We’ll even bring in experts to help value your non-financial losses.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for My Own Injuries Under Florida Law?
In cases based on negligence, your compensation can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault. If you were 20% responsible for your injuries, you can only take home 80% of your compensation under Florida’s comparative fault laws. However, your mostly at fault for the accident, you’ll be barred from recovering compensation.
It’s important to understand that product manufacturers can sometimes be responsible even if you misuse the product. If the misuse was reasonably foreseeable, the manufacturer can still be held responsible for your damages.
Our Product Liability Attorneys Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Dangerous products often cause severe injuries, including:
- Cuts, lacerations, and disfigurement
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Damage to the lungs and internal organs
- Respiratory illnesses
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyers in Central Florida are here to help you fight to recover financial compensation for all of your injuries. Contact our legal team today to learn more.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Lakeland, Florida
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of product liability cases, including those involving:
- Household appliances
- Children’s products, including toys, car seats, cribs and other furniture
- Prescription drugs, including opioids
- Over-the-counter drugs, including proton pump inhibitors
- Machinery, tools, and equipment
- Medical devices, including hernia mesh and IVC filters
- Vehicle components, including airbags and seat belts
- Batteries and electronics
- Personal care products, such as talcum powder
- Vape pens
- 3M earplugs
- Household chemicals, lawn care products and cleaning products
Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about your legal options today. Our experienced Lakeland product liability attorneys would be happy to stand up and protect your legal rights.
How Do I Establish Liability if I Was Injured Due to a Defective Product in Florida?
Product liability cases are different. It can be nearly impossible to prove that a big corporation’s actions caused your injuries. Product liability laws instead hold companies strictly liable when they sell defective products. That means you won’t be required to prove negligence to seek compensation.
You may have a valid product liability case against any company involved in creating, selling or marketing the product.
There are three types of defect that can give rise to a valid product liability lawsuit:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects
Rather than prove negligence, victims must show that one of these types of defects existed and caused their injuries.
Design defects are inherent flaws in a product’s design. These products are dangerous even when assembled according to specifications.
To prove a design defect case, victims must show that an economically reasonable alternative design existed.
Factors that are relevant in determining whether a reasonable alternate exists include:
- The type of danger associated with the product
- The benefits of the product as designed
- The cost of the alternate design
- Whether the product will function as intended with the alternate design
These cases can be extremely difficult to prove. It’s important to have an experienced lawyer who can help you establish liability. To learn more about how Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can fight for you, give us a call for a free case review.
Sometimes problems during the manufacturing process cause an otherwise safe product to become dangerous. To prove a product suffers from a manufacturing defect, you must show that the product was not assembled according to its design.
Marketing Defects and Failure to Warn
When products have non-obvious risks, the manufacturing company must warn consumers about those dangers. Companies that fail to provide adequate instructions or warning can be held liable when consumers are injured as a result.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Florida?
It’s important to take legal action quickly if you or a family member were injured due to a dangerous or defective product. The statute of limitations in Florida typically gives you four years to file a product liability lawsuit based on strict liability.
That said, proving a product liability case can take time. Your lawyer will need to investigate and gather concrete evidence to support your case. Our lawyers have been serving Lakeland for decades, so call our law firm for a free case evaluation.
Contact a Lakeland Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Dangerous consumer products can cause devastating injuries. Our lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers. are here to help you hold the responsible parties liable. Contact our team today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Lakeland product liability lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in Lakeland, FL, also provides:
- Lakeland Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys In Lakeland, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Lakeland, FL
- Lakeland Construction Accident Attorney
- Dog Bite Accident Lawyers in Lakeland, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Lakeland, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys in Lakeland, FL
- Lakeland Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Lakeland Product Liability Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyers In Lakeland, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Lakeland, FL
- Lakeland Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Attorney In Lakeland
- Wrongful Death Lawyers In Lakeland