Slip and fall accidents can occur when you’re at someone’s home or on the premises of a business. You could, for example, be at your favorite restaurant and slip and fall due to a wet floor. Such an accident could result in you suffering serious long-term injuries. This is exactly why you need an experienced New Port Richey Slip and Fall Lawyer on your side. If you have been injured by a fall contact Winters & Yonker today for a free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
What Are The Most Common Causes of Slip and Falls?
Most of these accidents could be avoided if property owners took proper care to ensure safety on their premises. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Poorly lit walkways
- Wet or greasy floors
- Loose floor carpets
- Poorly maintained sidewalks
- Uneven footpaths
- Faulty staircase handrails
- Icy or snowy paths
If you suffer slip and fall injuries, contact a slip and fall lawyer in New Port Richey, FL.
What Can a Lawyer Do for Your Slip & Fall Case?
Florida has something called premises liability. This means if a business or property owner’s negligence caused you to be injured, they can be held liable. A New Port Richey slip and fall attorney can help you get compensation from the parties at fault. If your claim against the business or property owner is successful, you could recover damages for:
- Medical costs. These will include past, present and future costs of treatment.
- Lost wages, both now and in the future
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Other expenses and losses directly related to your injury
You must have a good personal injury attorney if you want to stand a solid chance of securing compensation. The defendants or their insurance company will likely try to look for all possible ways not to pay your claim. A slip and fall lawyer has handled many cases and will knhttps://www.wintersandyonker.com/new-port-richey/slip-and-fall-accident-attorney/ow the best strategy to ensure they pay.
How Much Does a New Port Richey Slip and Fall Attorney Charge?
Many people living in Florida are not aware of their right to get compensation after a slip and fall accident. Some who know they are entitled to damages don’t claim them because they believe they cannot afford legal services. The personal injury lawyers at Winters & Yonker, don’t charge legal fees until they get you compensation. We work on a contingency basis. That means we will pay for all legal expenses until the successful completion of your case. If we don’t recover anything, we don’t get paid.
Our slip and fall lawyer in New Port Richey, FL will prove that:
- The property owner was responsible for your safety while you were on their property. If you were on the property without the permission of the owner, you cannot claim compensation. You were likely trespassing and the owner can’t be held responsible if you slip and fall.
- The business owner was aware of hazardous conditions on their property but didn’t take action. Let’s say a building inspector warned a restaurant owner about the unsafe conditions of their entrance stairway. The owner should take immediate steps to remove the hazard. If they don’t and a customer slips and falls, they are liable for their actions.
- You were not aware of the hazardous conditions on the premises. A property owner or their manager should warn people coming into their buildings of any dangers. If they don’t put signs to caution you, you cannot be blamed if you fell.
- You suffered your injuries in the accident. A property owner may claim that the injuries you suffered could not have been caused by a slip and fall. They will argue this to try to avoid paying your claim or to pay the minimum amount possible. Using your medical records, your lawyer will seek to prove them wrong.
Get a Reputable Slip and Fall Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
To get the compensation you deserve after your accident, contact a slip and fall attorney in New Port Richey, FL. You can choose to pursue a settlement by yourself but this is not advisable. While you may get the insurance company to pay the settlement offer, it will most definitely be low.
Whether it is a traumatic brain injury attorney or a slip and fall personal injury lawyer at Winters & Yonker will fight for you to get the maximum settlement possible. Call us today for a free consultation on your case. When you come to us, we will discuss the facts of your accident first. After that, we will tell you our strategy to ensure we get a fair settlement. Focus on getting better and let us handle your personal injury claim.