Lakeland Personal Injury Attorney
Lakeland Personal Injury Attorney Helping Injury Victims Get the Compensation They Deserve
After an accident, you may want to get compensation from the person or company that caused you injury. A Lakeland Personal Injury Attorney would help you do just that. The lawyer would fight for your right to get compensation from the negligent entity or their insurer. Whatever type of accident you’re involved in, an attorney can advise you on the legal action you can take.
At Winters & Yonker, we can get you compensation for injuries caused by a negligent person, company or government agency. If you believe another person’s negligence caused your accident, talk to one of our personal injury lawyers immediately.
Damages you may be entitled to include:
- Medical expenses. These will recover the cost of medical treatment immediately after the accident. If your injuries require future or long-term treatment, that cost will also be in your claim for compensation.
- Lost wages. Your injuries may require you to be off work for some time to recover. Recovery of lost income is possible. In some situations, injuries may be so severe you won’t be able to work again. A Lakeland personal injury attorney can get you something called future lost wages. To get you this compensation, the lawyer will show that your injuries cost you job opportunities.
- Physical pain. Injuries sustained in an accident can leave you in a lot of pain. You can also obtain compensation for this. Your Lakeland personal injury attorney would have to work with you to calculate the damages to which you’re entitled.
- Mental anguish. The party at fault should also pay you for the emotional stress the injuries cause you and your family. To get this, you would also have to calculate the value with your Lakeland personal injury attorney.
- After an accident, you may be temporarily or permanently disabled. Being in this state would probably mean you cannot continue to live a normal life. You might have to hire someone to take care of you because of your disability. It is, therefore, only fair that the person at fault compensates you for your injuries.
- Car accidents, for example, may leave you with facial disfigurement. The windscreen and window glass may cut your face severely. To correct the disfigurement, you may need cosmetic surgery which isn’t cheap. From your compensation, you can get proper treatment for your scars.
Why Choose the Personal Injury Attorneys in Lakeland, FL at Winters & Yonker
- Winters & Yonker has years of experience handling personal injury cases. Our experience will be put to good use when handling your case.
- Our lawyers and staff are compassionate. We understand the immense pain and suffering you may be going through after your accident. Therefore, we are prepared to listen to your challenges and offer support during these hard times.
- We are committed to our clients. Once we begin working on your case we will not stop until we get you the compensation you deserve. We have the resources to build a solid personal injury case. We will use them to ensure we win your case. We’ll also give enough time to your case and be available if you have any questions on the legal process.
- Our law firm has gotten past clients satisfactory settlements and we will work to do the same for you.
When you file a personal injury claim you need to have good legal representation. You only have one chance to make your claim. If you hire an incompetent Lakeland personal injury attorney, your right to compensation may be lost. That’s why you should get proper legal representation from Winters & Yonker.
The initial consultation will be free. We will review your case and advise on the compensation we can ask for from the defendant. Should you agree to proceed with us, we will work on a contingency fee basis. That means you will not pay us until we get you damages. Call (863) 683-4800 right now to discuss your case.
Types of Cases the Personal Injury Lawyers at Winters & Yonker Handle
Accidents can happen anywhere. You can be at your home or office, a mall or swimming pool and something happens causing you to be injured. After an accident, you will likely have many questions. One would probably be if you need to hire a Lakeland personal injury attorney. If your accident was caused by another person’s actions, it would be in your best interest to get an attorney. Whatever type of accident you were involved in, our lawyers will ably represent you. At Winters & Yonker, common personal injury cases we handle include:
Car accidents are common on our roads. You could be driving home from work and a driver who was texting while driving rear-ends your car. A drunk driver can also cause a head-on collision. Whether your accident is a head-on, rear-end or a side collision, you may get seriously injured. At Winters & Yonker, we have handled many car accident cases and know how to hold a negligent driver liable.
Truck accidents can cause serious physical harm and property damage. If you are involved in this type of accident, you will need a Lakeland personal injury attorney. A lot of truck accidents are caused by drivers who are fatigued due to driving for long hours. Some drivers may also be driving under the influence. They are known to take drugs that keep them awake as they drive across states to meet delivery deadlines. Such negligence must be punished if a truck driver causes you to be in an accident.
There is so much thrill associated with riding a motorcycle. Riders are, however, exposed to many dangers while on their bikes. Drivers tend not to see motorcycles on the road. This can cause motorcyclists to get knocked down by such drivers. As a motorcycle rider, you don’t have as much protection as someone in a car. Because of this, you can suffer serious injuries after your accident. If you or a loved one has been injured while riding a motorcycle, talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer at Winters &Yonker. They will help you file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible parties.
Uber has become a popular mode of transport not only in Lakeland, FL but around the world. The taxi service offers convenience and safety for people traveling to various destinations. But what happens if you are in an Uber car wreck? Uber has an insurance cover for its drivers, passengers and anyone else hurt by their cars. However, getting compensated after an Uber accident may not be straightforward. The company has to do thorough investigations before compensating you. A lot of legal issues surrounding how much you should be paid may also arise. To help you navigate the legal challenges and get your fair compensation, you will need an Uber accident attorney.
Slip and Fall
As the name suggests, this refers to injuries caused when a person slips and falls. This can happen on a business’ premises or on an individual’s property. Hazardous conditions cause a lot of slips and falls. This can be a wet floor, poor lighting, snow on a walkway or a hidden hazard. Most of these injuries occur among older individuals aged 65 and above and can cause serious injuries. If your slip or fall happened because of negligence by a property owner, you are entitled to compensation. The person liable is likely to deny being at fault for your accident. You, therefore, need a good Lakeland personal injury attorney to get you the compensation you deserve.
There are 486,000 injuries and 3,240 deaths caused by burns every year in the US. Seventy-one percent of these burn accidents are avoidable. You will experience trauma and a lot of pain when you get burnt. At Winters & Yonker, we understand how tough recovery after a burn injury can be. That’s why we would like you to focus on your recovery and let us pursue your compensation. We can get your medical bills, wages lost and other damages covered. If you need a burn injury lawyer contact Winters and Yonker today!
Types of Personal Injuries
The accidents outlined above can cause a wide range of injuries. Going to hospital after an accident should, therefore, be your top priority. That would ensure your injuries are properly treated and those that are not immediately visible are detected early. Injuries personal injury lawyers at Winters & Yonker commonly handle include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Facial Disfigurement
If you suffer any of these injuries, an attorney in Lakeland, FL can get the party at fault to pay. You might be questioning whether your injuries meet the threshold to file a personal injury lawsuit. To answer your question, you can make claims against a negligent party if:
- You sustained broken bones.
- Have to stay in a hospital and you may have long-term health issues.
- You lost a relative due to an accident.
- Have to spend a large sum of money to treat your injuries.
- You have to take days off work or school.
- Suffered physical and emotional pain.
- You’re facing a long battle because the person who caused the accident is denying being at fault.
- You were not the only person injured in the accident.
- Have received a letter from the insurance company stating they have denied your claim.
If you faced any other the above situations a good attorney can help you with your claim for compensation. An attorney can resolve most situations amicably without going to court. Should that fail, Winters & Yonker attorneys will be prepared to present your case at trial.
Your Rights as a Florida Accident Victim
We are all aware that accidents happen all the time. Sometimes they are inevitable but most times caused by another person’s or a company’s negligence. In Florida, the law allows for an accident victim to seek compensation from the party at fault. For compensation, you would have to file a claim against the negligent party. You can file the claim on your own but that’s not advisable. The claim process can provide a number of legal challenges you might not be able to handle alone. A Lakeland personal injury attorney in Florida can take the strain of the legal process off you. You can then focus on your recovery. To start the process of making your claim, an attorney would begin by finding proof of who’s at fault. In a personal injury claim, several entities can be at fault. They include individuals, corporations and government entities.
The behavior of a person can cause an accident. Examples of people’s actions or inaction that result in injuries include:
- A driver driving while drunk
- A doctor prescribing medication for you knowing that you are allergic
- A dog owner failing to take proper care while walking their dog in the park leading it to attack someone.
Companies can also engage in negligent behavior which they are liable for. Examples are:
- A manufacturer selling defective products that can cause harm to users.
- A company failing to warn buyers of the dangers involved when using their products.
- A business owner failing to warn visitors about hazards on the property like a wet floor which can lead to a slip and fall.
- A company exposing those around it to toxic materials which can cause diseases like cancer.
- A pharmaceutical company selling drugs with dangerous side effects.
- A company whose employees fail to ensure the safety of their customers.
Your local or state agency may not perform some of its duties and hurt residents. The authorities may fail to:
- Repair roads making them dangerous to drive on.
- Ensure public swimming pools have proper fencing that makes access difficult.
- Maintain public parks, thereby making them unsafe
- Repair sidewalks making them dangerous to walk on.
The attorneys at Winters & Yonker can hold whoever caused your accident liable. After investigating your case, we will tell you what you can expect in compensation. You can claim medical bills, lost income and more.
Contact a Lakeland Personal Injury Attorney Today
What comes after an accident is hard to prepare for. The medical bills may be too expensive or your injuries may lead to disability. You may also have to take time off work to recover, meaning you lose your wages. All these things may put you under a lot of pressure. You may not be able to manage a legal battle over compensation with an insurance company. To ease that burden, you should talk to a Lakeland personal injury attorney.
At Winters & Yonker, we can help you get compensation. We will handle the legal work and let you put all your energy into getting better. The compensation we get you will help you recover medical bills, property repair costs, and lost wages. You may also be eligible for punitive damages.
Talk to us immediately after your accident. The Florida Statute of Limitations gives you four years to file a personal injury claim. That may seem like a long time but time runs out fast. The earlier you start the process, the more time your lawyer will have to prosecute your case. The sooner you begin, the faster you also get compensation which will help in treating injuries.
To schedule a free consultation, contact the personal injury attorneys at Winters & Yonker. Call us today at (863) 683-4800 or email us through our contact form on this website. Remember, you don’t pay us anything when we agree to represent you. You don’t pay until we’ve secured your compensation.