Ruskin Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer

Isn’t it heartbreaking when you see news on TV regarding life-threatening accidents due to DUI? The first reaction that may come to your mind is that the convict should pay fines and spend time in jail. Florida has strict rules against DUI cases. From jail time to community service, convicts cannot escape the hands of the law easily. But what if you are the victim of such an accident? What should you do? Well, you should call a Ruskin drunk driving accident lawyer at (888) 373-7770. Winters and Yonker is the best personal injury law firm serving Ruskin that can help you get your deserved compensation from the offender.

Table of Contents

Drunk Driving Statistics In Florida

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that Christmas and New Year are two days when most DUI accidents occur in Florida. In fact, the rate goes up to 71% than other days of the year. The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles also adds that there were more than 5000 DUI-related crashes in Florida last year with over 350 fatalities. It’s tragic that Ruskin is also experiencing rising DUI cases in the last few years.

What are the BAC Limits In Florida?

Both the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles believe that implementing strict rules with fines and jail time can reduce the growing number of DUI cases in Ruskin, FL. The government has come up with a step-by-step punishment system that gives you an idea about the possible punishments an offender may face if convicted. Here are the punishments according to first-time and second-time offenders with respective BAC levels:

The BAC level for Anyone Above 21 years is 0.08%

If someone is a first-time offender, he may have to pay a fine of $1000 to $2000. Additionally, the court will suspend his license for 6 months and sentence the offender to 6 months of jail time. He will have to serve compulsory community service for 50 hours.

Second-Time Offenders

First of all, the police will impound the vehicle for 30 days. On the other hand, the court will suspend his license for a year and order the convict to spend 1 year in jail. The offender also needs to pay a fine of $1000 to $4000. The judge may also ask the police to install an Ignition Interlock Device on the car. However, the convict may request the police not to impound the car if his family has only one vehicle.

People Under 21 Years of Age Have a Lower BAC Level Rule

It’s illegal for drivers below 21 to drive with a BAC of 0.02%. First-time offenders may see a license suspension for 6 months and enroll in an alcohol education program. People between 18 to 21 with a BAC level of 0.08% will have to pay a fine of $500 to $1000 and spend 6 months in jail. The police will suspend his license for at least 8 months and ask him to do community service for 50 hours.

What To Do After An Accident With A Drunk Driver?

A drink and drive accident may injure you severely. But remember, you need to inform the police and us at the earliest to help find the offender and prepare your case quickly. Here’s how you can help the lawyers and police after meeting an accident with a drunk driver:

Call For Medical Help

Don’t take the trouble of dragging yourself to the hospital alone. We will make the offender pay for your medical bills; so, call an ambulance immediately and get medical help so that a bad situation doesn’t get worse. If you are bleeding, try asking for help from nearby people to cover the wound.

A Ruskin drunk driving accident lawyer reviewing an injury claim.

Call The Police

It’s a huge bonus if you can note down the offender’s vehicle number. Call the police and give that number to them. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have the number. Describe the incident to the police in detail. It’s also helpful if you can take some pictures of the crime scene before the paramedics take you to the hospital. Your photographs will help the police track the offender down and give us enough details to set up the case in your favor.

Call Winters and Yonker

We may not be on your speed dial list, but don’t hesitate to call us at (888) 373-7770 if you need legal assistance with DUI cases. Our experienced auto accident lawyers are always ready to fight for you and help you receive the compensation you deserve.

What Damages Can You Recover After A Drunk Driving Accident In Florida?

This is the most common question of clients who hire us. We assure you of three types of damage charges that the convict must pay for his crime:

Medical Bills

Medical bills don’t include your medicine costs only. They also consist of doctor’s fees, physiotherapy sessions, and counseling. We will ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation to don’t need to pay a single penny from your pocket.

Punitive Damages

You can’t assess the monetary value of your loved one’s life. But we try to. It’s hard to digest, but you deserve compensation from the offender if his reckless actions result in the loss of the life of your loved one.

Lost Wages

Recovering from injuries mean you can’t go to work. Not going to work means not getting your salary. Why will you pay your family’s monthly expenses from your pocket for someone else’s stupidity? We make the convict pay for your lost wages also, apart from punitive damages and medical bills.

How Long Do I Have To File A Claim In Florida?

You can’t take weeks to file your complaint. Talk to the police to take immediate action and also describe the incident to us in detail. We will take on the case from there and ensure it moves on a fast-track basis to get justice.

How Much Will An Attorney Cost?

We don’t charge anything if we can’t win the case on your behalf. If we do, we take a small percentage of the amount you receive as compensation. Call Winters and Yonker today at (888) 373-7770 to start the court proceedings. We assure you that our personal injury lawyers will aggressively pursue your deserved compensation.

0/5 (0 Reviews)
Find out if you have a case
We can Help!
Free Consultation
Winters & Yonker Logo
Free Consultation
Attorney to You