Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident? Are you wondering whether or not you deserve compensation for your accident? Well, you need to work with the best Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer for the best results. Thanks to Winters and Yonker, you should be able to file a compensation claim and get the help you need with your compensation. Call us now and talk to our Sarasota personal injury lawyers for the best results.
Table of Contents
How Can A Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
When you choose Winters and Yonker as your Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer, we can help you in the following ways.
Case Preparation And Filing A Claim
First, we will establish the cause of the motorcycle accident and find out whether or not it qualifies for a compensation claim. Next, we will file a claim on your behalf. Since most victims of motorcycle accidents might not have enough legal expertise to understand how to file a compensation claim, we are here to help. We will also gather the relevant evidence in the case to prove negligence so you can qualify for compensation.
The negligent party in a motorcycle accident case might try to come up with a settlement amount. If you don’t have enough information on the right compensation amount, you might accept anything that you are given. Well, with our expert negotiation skills, we will make sure that you don’t accept anything other than the fair settlement amount after a Sarasota, FL motorcycle accident.
If we are not able to come up with a good settlement amount, the next step is trial. If your case ends up in trial, you need the best representation in court. With a top Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer at Winters and Yonker, you can always count on exceptional representation without fail.
Call us now and make an appointment with the most experienced Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer immediately.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
Most motorcycle accidents reported in Sarasota, FL are both avoidable and preventable. Some of the known causes of motorcycle accidents include the following.
- Distracted driving where the rider is not focused on the road.
- Failure to pay attention to the motorcycles where other drivers or riders on the road ignore motorcycles leading to an accident.
- Riding a motorcycle when you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Faulty mirrors, lighting or brakes on the motorcycle can also lead to a motorcycle accident.
- If there are unexpected pedestrians on the road, the motorcycle might fail to brake properly resulting in an accident.
What Are The Motorcycle-specific Laws In Florida?
These include the following.
- You must be over 21 years of age and have $10,000 in medical insurance benefits, especially if you are riding without a helmet.
- You must have liability insurance broken down into $20,000 for total bodily insurance, $10,000 for property damage and $30,000 for single incident liability limit.
- To ride a motorcycle in Florida, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license so you need specialized training to become a motorcycle rider.
- You must ride your motorcycle with a headlight on, even during the day and will be considered an act of negligence if you fail to do so.
- When riding a motorcycle in Florida, you must follow the same traffic rules as everyone else. You must avoid weaving in and out of traffic, obey all traffic signals and use the right-hand curb.
What Are The Most Common Injuries Seen In Motorcycle Accidents?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you are likely to suffer from any of the following injuries.
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Any of these injuries are extremely costly so you need to seek compensation if the motorcycle accident was caused by negligence. That way, you can get enough money to pay for your medical expenses and any other conditions that might come up later as a result of the motorcycle accident.
How Is Fault Determined In A Sarasota, FL Motorcycle Accident?
Florida relies on no-fault insurance but you should be able to proceed to court to get compensation for your motorcycle accident. The insurance policy will cover your injuries after a motorcycle accident but the amount might be too low to cover the medical costs for injuries incurred after a serious motorcycle accident.
Before the fault is determined, the court will look at the totality of circumstances. They will not look at the specific traffic laws violated or at one side’s claims when determining the fault. However, they will look at what everyone was doing when the accident happened. As such, the judge will assign a percentage of fault to everyone involved in the motorcycle accident. Therefore, you will receive compensation depending on your degree of fault.
What Type Of Compensation Can I Receive For My Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorcycle accident in Sarasota, FL, you must file a compensation claim within 4 years after the date of the accident. Once the period lapses, the court will not hear your case and your compensation claim becomes null and void. After filing a compensation claim, some of the types of compensation you can receive include the following.
If you experienced quantitative losses as a result of the motorcycle accident, you will be compensated for it. These include loss of wages/salary, medical expenses, property damage and much more.
You will be compensated for any intangible losses experienced after the motorcycle accident such as pain and suffering.
You will receive punitive damages after a motorcycle accident if the judge feels that the negligent party must be punished for their actions that caused the motorcycle accident.
Contact a Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Winters & Yonker
To make sure that your compensation claim doesn’t become null and void, call Winters and Yonker immediately after a motorcycle accident in Sarasota, FL. With our experience in handling various types of compensation claims, we can make sure that you receive a fair amount to allow you to cover medical costs and other expenses that might come up due to the injuries sustained. Call us now and let one of the top Sarasota injury lawyers help you with your case.