Were you or a family member injured because of a defective and dangerous product in St. Petersburg, FL? Product manufacturers can be held strictly liable for damages when they sell defective products to consumers.
An experienced St. Petersburg product liability lawyer at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Collectively, our team of lawyers has over 119 years of experience in personal injury law. We’ve helped countless clients like you recover fair compensation for their injuries from cases such as St. Petersburg child injuries, nursing home abuse, catastrophic injuries in St. Petersburg, aviation accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, and more.
Cases involving defective products can be difficult to prove. To learn more about your rights, contact our law offices in St. Petersburg, Florida to schedule a free consultation today at (727) 314-5988.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Product Liability Claim in St. Petersburg
Product manufacturers that sell defective products to unsuspecting consumers deserve to be held liable. Often, products with defects are marketed to help manufacturers maximize their profits. You deserve to hold the responsible parties accountable if you were injured.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a proven track record of success when it comes to facing off against large corporations and insurance companies.
When you choose our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys to represent you, we will:
- Conduct an investigation and gather evidence to prove who was responsible for your injuries
- Determine the legal theories that apply to your case
- Calculate your case value
- Hire top-rated experts and specialists who can help prove your case
- Provide sound legal advice and guidance throughout the legal process
- Fight back against unfair insurance tactics
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense teams on your behalf
Big corporations know how to defend themselves from allegations of wrongdoing. You deserve an experienced St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer who will help you even the score.
Creating an attorney-client relationship can make a world of difference in your case. To learn more about Florida product liability laws and how we can help, give us a call today.
What is My St. Petersburg Product Liability Case Worth?
Without consulting a lawyer, it can be tough to know how much your case is worth. Our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys can help you assess your case value.
The value of your claim will depend heavily on:
- The nature of the injuries you’ve suffered
- The cost of your medical treatment and out-of-pocket expenses
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and lifestyle
- The value of your lost wages
- Whether you will suffer any type of permanent injury or impairment
- Whether you’re eligible to participate in a class action or multi-district litigation (MDL)
Our lawyers can provide more information about your case value in a free case review. To learn more, call our team for a free consultation.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Victims of Dangerous or Defective Products in St. Petersburg?
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages during recovery
- Diminished earning potential
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Chronic pain
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers are here to help you prove the damages you suffered. Contact our law firm in St. Petersburg to learn more about how we can help with your case today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing My Own Injuries in Florida?
Insurance companies and defense lawyers often try to blame victims for their own injuries. In cases where negligence theories apply, your compensation can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws. These rules will eliminate your right to compensation if you are mostly at fault.
In strict liability cases, manufacturers often try to blame victims for misusing the product. If the misuse was reasonably foreseeable, you might still be entitled to recover damages.
It’s important to call a lawyer anytime you’re being blamed for causing your injuries. Our lawyers are here to defend you, so give us a call for a free case evaluation today.
Our St. Petersburg Product Liability Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Product defects can leave consumers struggling with painful and lasting injuries.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will fight to recover fair compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial and eye injuries
- Back injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Illnesses, including cancer
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyers are here to handle the legal aspects of your claim while you recover. Call for a free consultation today.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in St. Petersburg, Florida
Our lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers handle all types of product liability cases in St. Petersburg, including those involving:
- Medications, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs
- Medical devices
- Vehicle safety equipment, including airbags and seatbelts
- Household appliances
- Lawn care products, including Roundup weed killer
- Children’s toys
- Children’s furniture
- Work equipment and tools
- Cars and motor vehicles
- Children’s car seats
- Chemicals and other substances
- 3M earplugs
- Personal care products and cosmetics
- Juul vape pens
Any product can be defective, regardless of whether it is dangerous by design or manufactured incorrectly. Unfortunately, it can also be difficult to prove your case without an experienced lawyer by your side. If you suspect you were hurt because of a defective product, call our law firm in St. Petersburg for a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Liability If I Was Injured By a Defective Product in Florida?
Car accident victims must typically prove negligence to recover compensation in a personal injury case.
Product liability claims are different. When product manufacturers put defective products on the market, they can be held strictly liable when consumers are injured, regardless of whether they were negligent.
Instead of proving negligence, you must prove:
- The product suffered from a defect
- You used the product as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable way
- The product caused your injuries
There are three types of defects that can give you a valid product liability case:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects or failure to warn consumers
Our lawyers in St. Petersburg can help you prove the product in question was defective.
A design defect is a fundamental flaw in the product’s design. Even when the product is assembled according to specifications, the product is unreasonably dangerous because of the way it is designed.
Design defects can impact any type of product. An SUV designed with a narrow wheelbase can suffer from a design defect if its design makes it likely to roll over. An infant carrier can suffer from a design defect if the slope of the seat allows the infant to slide out.
Manufacturing defects happen when a product deviates from its intended design. These defects are caused by mistakes during the manufacturing process. While the product would be safe if assembled as intended, the mistake makes the product unreasonably dangerous for consumers.
A bicycle assembled using the wrong type of screw may suffer from a manufacturing defect. Similarly, a batch of prescription drugs that is contaminated during manufacturing may be defective.
Many products will present some risk even if they’re designed in the safest possible way and manufactured properly. In these cases, manufacturing companies must provide adequate warning about non-obvious risks. When manufacturers fail to provide proper instructions and warnings, they can be held strictly liable for injuries.
Negligence Theories in Product Liability Cases
You may have the right to seek compensation even if the product did not suffer from a defect. In these cases, you’ll be required to prove that the manufacturer was negligent to recover damages.
To prove negligence, you must establish:
- The defendant’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The breach of duty caused the injuries
- The damages you sustained
For example, if the manufacturer failed to conduct proper safety tests or failed to obtain proper FDA approvals, they may be liable for negligence.
How Long Do I Have To File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Florida?
Under Florida law, the statute of limitations in negligence-based personal injury cases is two years. If you don’t file the personal injury lawsuit within two years of your injury, you’ll miss your chance to sue for damages.
You may have longer if your case is based on strict liability.
The two-year clock starts to run on the date you knew or reasonably should have known about the injuries.
Contact a St. Petersburg Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Cases involving defective products are complicated. You need an experienced St. Petersburg product liability attorney who knows how to find the evidence to prove your case. To learn more about how a lawyer can help, call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Boating Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Child Injury Attorneys
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Premises Liability Attorney
- Product Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg
- Truck Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL