St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer
Are you or a loved one suffering from injuries caused by a truck accident in St. Petersburg, Florida? The St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers have the knowledge and skills to fight for you and win. Call us at (727) 314-5988 to discuss your truck accident and the injuries you’ve sustained.
You may be able to seek compensation to cover your medical bills, emotional trauma, and lost wages. However, it won’t be easy to get the money you deserve – which is why it’s crucial to hire an experienced attorney. Our legal team has over 119 years of combined experience advocating for injured people throughout Florida.
We’ve acquired millions of dollars for our clients, and we’re ready to help you get back on your feet after your collision. We continuously take on cases like car accidents, St. Petersburg Uber accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death cases in St. Petersburg, and more
How Our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in St. Petersburg, FL
Truck accident cases are complex. There may be multiple defendants and complicated state and federal trucking regulations to sift through. It’s unwise to try and handle your claim on your own if you’re unfamiliar with the trucking industry and personal injury law.
That’s where Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers comes in. Our experienced St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys handle truck accident cases every day. We know the ins and outs of dealing with insurance companies and trucking corporations – and we know how to get the maximum compensation for accident victims.
If you hire our legal team to handle your St. Petersburg truck accident claim, you can expect us to:
- Coordinate with any ongoing state or federal officials as we investigate what caused the truck wreck
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your economic and non-economic damages
- Gather evidence proving the elements of your truck accident case
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies and other opposing parties on your behalf to work towards a favorable settlement
- File a truck accident lawsuit and litigate the case in court if we can’t settle for a fair amount
Contact our personal injury lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL for assistance after your truck accident. We’ll do everything possible to secure the compensation you deserve.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 4,965 people died, and 146,930 were injured nationwide in large truck accidents in 2020. That same year, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported 357 fatalities and 4,576 injuries caused by large trucks and buses in Florida.
The FMCSA also indicates:
- There were 345 fatalities and 5,161 injuries caused by truck crashes in Florida in 2021
- As of October 2022, there have been 126 fatalities and 1,809 injuries caused by truck crashes (per preliminary data)
Based on this data, over 7% of the nation’s fatal truck collisions happen in Florida.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, Florida?
Truck accidents typically happen due to driver negligence. Even though truck drivers must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to operate the vehicle, they’re often on tight deadlines to pick up and deliver cargo.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Improperly or overloaded cargo
- Fatigued driving due to FMCSA hours of service violations
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced or untrained drivers
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe passing or lane changes
- Defective truck parts
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Road defects or debris
- Failure to maintain or inspect the truck
- Unfamiliarity with the area
Poor weather conditions and many other factors can also contribute to truck wrecks. Our St. Petersburg truck accident attorneys will investigate the accident to determine what caused it and who may be liable for your damages.
What Is My St. Petersburg Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your St. Petersburg truck accident case will depend largely on the severity of your injuries and the medical expenses you’ve incurred.
However, many other factors can impact what your truck accident case is worth, including:
- How your injuries affect your quality of life and ability to earn a living
- The pain, suffering, and mental anguish you’ve endured
- The parties involved in your case
- Whether you share fault for the cause of the truck accident
- The out-of-pocket costs you’ve incurred
Other things may affect the value of your truck crash case, depending on the circumstances. Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers today to discuss your case and better understand what it may be worth.
Who Could Be Liable for My Semi-Truck Accident in St. Petersburg?
Multiple parties may share liability for your big rig accident in St. Petersburg, FL. Truck accident claims differ from typical car accident claims because vicarious liability may come into play if the trucker caused the accident within the scope of their employment.
Parties who could be liable for the truck accident include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A cargo loading company
- A truck leasing company
- Other negligent motorists or pedestrians
- Manufacturers of defective truck components
- A shipping company
- A property owner
- Government agencies
We’ll investigate your collision to determine every party who may be financially responsible. Contact us today to speak to an experienced St. Petersburg truck accident attorney.
We’ll Fight To Pursue Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
Occupants of passenger vehicles often sustain the most severe injuries in truck accidents because semi-trucks weigh 20-30 times more.
Our truck accident lawyers in St. Petersburg have helped victims who have sustained all types of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Seat belt injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Facial injuries, including eye injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, our St. Petersburg wrongful death lawyers will help you file a claim to recover funeral and burial expenses, lost inheritance, and more. Contact us today to learn more.
What Compensation Is Available To Truck Accident Victims in Florida?
St. Petersburg truck accident victims are entitled to economic and non-economic damages to cover their financial expenses and personal losses.
Economic damages encompass things like:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Future healthcare costs, such as if you need ongoing rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages consist of:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of society or consortium
Contact us today so that we can help you value the full extent of your damages after your truck wreck in St. Petersburg.
What If I’m Blamed for a Truck Accident in Florida?
If you were partially at fault for the truck accident in St. Petersburg, FL, don’t panic. You may still be able to secure compensation under Florida’s modified comparative fault statute. However, your level of negligence will impact the amount you can recover in your case. If you are more than 50% responsible for the accident, you cannot recover compensation at all.
For example, if you were 40% responsible for the cause of the truck accident, you’ll only be able to take home 60% of your awarded compensation. Insurance companies and defendants will use this law against you to limit their financial responsibility. If you’re being blamed for a truck accident, reach out to our attorneys for immediate assistance so that we can fight for you.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Florida?
St. Petersburg truck accident victims typically have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Florida’s statute of limitations. You may have shorter or longer depending on the facts of your case.
Contact us as soon as you can after your truck accident so that we can start gathering evidence and monitoring the statutory deadline that applies in your case. If you miss the deadline, you’ll lose your right to hold the responsible party liable for your damages.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Were you injured in a truck accident in St. Petersburg, Florida? You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Contact the experienced St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation to learn more.
We have over 119 years of combined experience helping victims after devastating accidents. We know how to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients. Call us today to see how we can help you get the money you deserve after your commercial truck accident.
St. Petersburg Truck Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Bayfront Health St Petersburg Emergency Room – 701 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Emergency Center at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital – 550 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- St. Anthony’s Hospital- Emergency Center – 1200 7th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Emergency Room – Pinellas Park – 3070 Grand Ave, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- HCA Florida Northside Hospital Emergency Room – S, 6000 49th St N 1st Floor, St. Petersburg, FL 33709
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Boating Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Child Injury Attorneys
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Premises Liability Attorney
- Product Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg
- Truck Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL