After suffering injuries in a car accident, you probably have a lot of worries. You may be concerned that you’ll have to go to court to get compensation. A car accident lawyer help alleviate some of your stress.
Getting compensation for your injuries can get complicated. At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we have been helping accident victims navigate these rough waters for over 20 years. With offices throughout the Tampa Bay area, we want to make accessing justice as easy as possible for you.
If you’ve been hurt in a Florida car accident, call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers at (813) 223-6200 for a free consultation. We can help you understand the claims process and answer any other questions you may have about your accident and injuries. If you’d like to learn more, visit our FAQ page.
How Can Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Help if I’m Injured in a Florida Car Accident?
If you were injured in a Florida car accident, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your injuries as quickly as possible.
Whether you have to go to court to get the compensation to which you’re entitled can depend on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors can be the attorney you choose to advocate for you. Our Florida personal injury attorneys have a combined 119 years of experience, which gives you the edge when it’s time to negotiate with the insurance company.
The chances of your having to go to trial to get compensation for your car accident injury are slim. About 95% of cases settle without having to go to trial. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they are fair settlements.
Negotiating a fair settlement takes a lot of preparation and a thorough understanding of your accident and injuries. Our proven track record of getting outstanding results is a testament to the hard work we put into each and every case to deliver life-changing financial relief for our clients.
Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to start getting answers to your questions. We’ll listen to your side of the story, give you an honest evaluation of your claim, and help you get through this difficult time.
What Factors Might Determine if I Have To Go to Court After a Car Accident in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state, which means you must first look to your own insurance company for compensation for your injuries and other losses, no matter who was at fault. Under state law, you are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
Your PIP coverage does have some important limitations. PIP only covers 80% of your medical expenses and only 60% of your lost wages. If you’ve suffered non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering or emotional distress, PIP doesn’t cover these types of injuries.
Given the complexity of Florida’s insurance laws and who is ultimately responsible for paying for your injuries, whether you’ll have to go to court to get compensated can depend on considerations such as:
- How serious your injuries are
- The dollar value of your claim
- Whether the insurance company is negotiating your claim in good faith
- The degree to which you were at fault for the accident
- Your attorney’s ability to negotiate effectively with the insurance company
While your claim is much more likely to settle out of court, you need an experienced attorney who has what it takes to stand toe-to-toe with an insurance company whose goal is to pay you as little as possible for your claim.
Call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We’ll always put your needs first, and we won’t compromise you or your claims just for the sake of a quick settlement.
Who Else Might Be Responsible for Compensating Me for Injuries I Sustained in a Florida Car Accident?
If you suffered serious injuries that resulted in extensive medical bills, long-term loss of employment, and other losses, there’s a good chance your PIP coverage will not be sufficient. What are your options, then?
You may be able to pursue the other driver, and possibly their insurance company, for damages that aren’t paid out under your PIP coverage. If your economic losses (specifically your medical bills and lost wages) exceed the terms of your policy, you may be able to file a claim to recover those damages in particular.
- Involved substantial or significant loss of a vital bodily function, such as traumatic brain injury
- Resulted in significant disfigurement or scarring
- Are permanent
- Were caused by the negligence of the other driver
You also may be able to pursue the at-fault driver for wrongful death if your family member or loved one was killed in the car accident.
Because car accidents can cause injuries that far exceed the benefits you have under your own insurance policy, it’s important to have seasoned attorneys in your corner to make sure you cover your bases. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers is here to take on tough claims like yours.
Call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers if You’ve Been Injured in a Florida Car Accident
When you’ve been injured in a Florida car accident, you need financial relief to cover your mounting medical bills and your loss of income. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers has a well-earned reputation for being tough negotiators who can deliver results for our clients.
Call us today to get a free consultation. While we can’t guarantee you won’t have to go to court to get compensation, we’ll work tirelessly to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Our experts take on all kinds of auto accidents:
- Distracted Driving
- DUI accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit & run accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change crashes
- Left-turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end crashes
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections
- Car color & crash risk
- Florida car inspection laws
- Florida child car seat laws
- Passenger negligence
- Road defects
- Airbag injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- What to do after a car crash in Tampa
- Can I be compensated for pre-existing conditions?
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Tampa
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Tampa
- Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Tampa
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Premises Liability Attorney in Tampa
- Product Liability Lawyers in Tampa
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in Tampa
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Tampa
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Tampa
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tampa