Recreational vehicles, commonly known as RVs, can be seen throughout Florida. These mobile residences provide temporary housing for individuals and families who want to avoid the cost of hotels, airfare, and rental vehicles. Whether it’s camping, going to the beach, or visiting an amusement park, RVs provide a great way to travel.
Unfortunately, these large vehicles can cause traumatic injuries when they are involved in traffic accidents. Victims might sustain life-altering injuries and substantial damages. Therefore, they need a personal injury lawyer to get the full value for all damages.
The Tampa car accident attorneys at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers have over 119 years of collective legal experience. We’ll use the knowledge and experience gained through years of practicing law to fight for your right to a fair and just settlement. Our law firm has won millions of dollars for our clients in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements.
How Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Recreational Vehicle Accident
A recreational vehicle accident case differs from a typical car accident case. The vehicle involved is larger, which could lead to more severe injuries and damages. Victims have the burden of proving that the person driving the RV caused the collision to receive money for their injuries.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we have the resources and skills to handle complex car accident cases. You do not need to worry about a legal claim when you hire our law firm. Instead, you can focus on healing and recovery while we focus on holding the party who caused your injury liable for their actions.
When you hire our awarding-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Begin an independent investigation to determine the cause of the crash and gather evidence
- Monitor accident investigations by law enforcement agencies
- Identify all parties responsible for the crash
- Review insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Work with the best expert witnesses and accident reconstructionists to gather additional evidence to build your case
- Document your damages and injury to determine how much your personal injury claim is worth
- Fiercely argue for a settlement amount that compensates you in full
- File a personal injury lawsuit and argue your case in court if the other party refuses to negotiate a fair settlement
Contact our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our experienced Tampa recreational vehicle accident attorneys.
What Is a Recreational Vehicle?
Many types of vehicles fall into the category of recreational vehicles. Florida statutes define an RV as a vehicle used for temporary living quarters for travel, camping, or recreational purposes. The vehicle may have a motor or be mounted or pulled by another vehicle.
Examples of recreational vehicles include:
- Fifth wheels
- Pop-up trailers
- Camper vans
- Truck campers
- Teardrop trailers
Unfortunately, the law does not require you to have a special driver’s license or training to drive a recreational vehicle in Florida. Therefore, anyone can rent or purchase an RV and take it on the road without training.
What Are Common Causes of Tampa Recreational Vehicle Accidents?
Driver negligence is the most common cause of RV accidents. However, there could be other factors involved in some RV crashes.
Examples of factors that contribute to the cause of a recreational vehicle accident include:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Inexperience operating a recreational vehicle
- Dangerous roads or intersections
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
- Reckless driving and speeding
- Driving under the influence
- Racing to the yellow light
- Failing to check blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Passenger negligence
- Runaway campers and trailers
- Improper turns and lane changes
- Unsecured trailers and cargo
- Defective RVs and parts
- Weather and road conditions
- Road defects
Determining the cause of an RV accident is crucial because it helps identify who is liable for your damages.
The RV driver and other motorists could be responsible for the cause of a recreational vehicle accident. However, other parties could be liable or share liability. For example, government agencies, property owners, RV manufacturers, leasing companies, recreational vehicle owners, RV passengers, and rental companies might also be responsible for causing an RV accident.
What Damages Can I Receive After an RV Accident in Florida?
Florida’s modified comparative negligence laws apply in RV accident claims. If the victim is partially to blame for the cause of the recreational vehicle accident, their compensation for damages is reduced by their percentage of fault. They cannot recover compensation if they are mostly to blame.
For example, suppose a jury finds you are 50% to blame for causing an RV crash. You would only receive one-half the amount the jury awards for damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Auto Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Before you accept a settlement offer, call our law office to speak with a Tampa RV accident attorney. Your case might be worth much more money than you realize. Let us help you get a fair amount for your claim.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer. We handle most motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit & run accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car accident statistics
- Car color & crash risk
- Florida car inspection laws
- Florida child car seat laws
- Airbag injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Tampa car accident frequently asked questions
- What to do after a car accident in Tampa
- Who will pay my medical bills after a car accident in Florida?
- Can I be reimbursed for lost wages after a Tampa car accident?
- Can I be compensated for pre-existing conditions after a Tampa car accident?
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Tampa
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Tampa
- Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Tampa
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Premises Liability Attorney in Tampa
- Product Liability Lawyers in Tampa
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in Tampa
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Tampa
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Tampa
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tampa