Car accidents in Tampa, Florida, occur for many reasons. Driver negligence, for instance, is one of the most common causes of car crashes. However, road defects in Tampa can cause traffic accidents.
A car accident caused by road defects in Tampa can result in serious injuries and wrongful deaths. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. Our Tampa car accident lawyers can diligently work to get you the money you deserve.
Contact our Tampa road defects accident lawyers for a free consultation at (813) 223-6200. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers lawyers have over 119 years of combined legal experience handling personal injury cases.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, Can Assist You After a Car Accident Caused by Road Defects in Tampa
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you do not pay any attorneys’ fees until after we recover money for your claim. Since our firm opened, our team of attorneys has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
National and local organizations have recognized Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for our legal services. We are committed to using our extensive resources and skills to build solid cases that prevail in and out of the courtroom.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine how the road defects in Tampa contributed to your car accident
- Monitor accident investigations by local and state agencies
- Work with the top expert witnesses in the field when necessary
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value of your personal injury case
- File insurance claims and negotiate insurance settlements
- Defend you against claims of failing to mitigate damages and contributory fault, which could reduce the amount of money you receive
- File a personal injury lawsuit and fight your case in court, if necessary
Proving that a road defect caused your car wreck is a complicated process. You need an experienced lawyer who understands these types of cases. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers is the law firm you need.
Contact us for a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers in Tampa, FL.
How Do Road Defects Cause Accidents in Tampa, FL?
Road debris, traffic signs, road design, traffic signals, and other road defects often cause car accidents in the United States. A road defect can cause a driver to lose control of a vehicle and crash. Some road defects can result in tire blowouts or other vehicle damage that leads to a collision.
Common examples of road defects that can contribute to or cause a traffic accident include, but are not limited to:
- Poorly planned or designed roads, ramps, streets, intersections, and overpasses
- Inadequate traffic management controls and systems
- Cracks and potholes in pavement and surfaces
- Flooding and ponding on roads from a lack of drainage
- Missing and damaged guardrails
- Road debris from construction sites
- Failing to use warning signs and signals in work zones
- Hazardous drop-offs and lack of road shoulders
- Streets and roads that are too narrow
- Poorly designed medians
- Failure to maintain roads and bridges
- Negligent management of road and highway projects
City, state, or county government agencies can be liable for damages caused by road defect accidents. They are responsible for planning, maintaining, and constructing safe roads.
Can I Sue After a Road Defect Car Accident in Tampa?
Possibly. Your first option after a car accident in a “no-fault” state like Florida is generally to go through your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance coverage for benefits. However, if a road defect caused your car crash, you could have a claim against government agencies in Tampa or Hillsborough County. Likewise, if the state maintains the road, you could have a claim against a state agency.
Suing the government is not easy. Sovereign immunity protects governments from being sued. The government must give you permission to sue it. Florida has waived sovereign immunity for most negligence claims.
Even though you have legal grounds to sue the government for a road defect accident, you must follow specific rules for notices and lawsuits. The rules are different from the rules for other personal injury claims.
The best way to protect your right to compensation is to contact our Tampa road defect accident attorneys immediately. The deadlines for filing claims against the government are very short. Our legal team carefully analyzes the evidence in your case to determine all legal remedies, including suing the government and filing lawsuits against other parties.
Recovering Compensation for Damages Caused by Tampa Road Defects
A road defect can result in multiple injuries, including traumatic brain injury, broken bones, and other catastrophic injuries. Some victims sustain permanent disabilities because of a road defect accident.
You could recover money for your economic damages, including:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Diminished earning capacity
You could also receive compensation for your pain and suffering. The non-economic damages for a car accident claim can include the following:
- A decrease in your quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disabilities and impairments
- Mental anguish
You must have evidence proving the road defect caused your car accident before you can recover damages. Likewise, you must have evidence proving you sustained injuries and damages.
If you are injured because of a road defect, report the accident by calling 911. Try to document the road defect by taking pictures and making a video.
Seek immediate medical treatment to document your injuries. Then, contact our law office as soon as possible to speak with an attorney about your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Road Defect Accident Lawyers
If you suspect a road defect caused your crash in Tampa, get help with a claim today by calling Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Contact us online or by phone to schedule a free case review with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.