Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident in Tampa, FL? If you were hurt on another person’s property, you might be entitled to recover compensation from a negligent property owner. A reputable Tampa slip and fall accident lawyer at Winters and Yonker, P.A., can help you obtain the full compensation you deserve.
With well over a century of combined experience, you can trust our lawyers to do everything possible to maximize your settlement or verdict. In fact, we’ve already recovered millions of dollars for our clients over the years.
Don’t hesitate to get the legal advice you need. Contact or call our law offices in Tampa, Florida, to set up a free case review today.
How a Tampa Slip and Fall Lawyer at Winters and Yonker, P.A., Can Help After a Slip and Fall Accident in Tampa
According to research, about 1 million Americans visit the hospital because of slip and fall accidents each year. While slips and falls may be common, your case is unique. It can change your life significantly.
The insurance company won’t want to offer full compensation right away. An experienced Tampa personal injury attorney can greatly increase your chances of recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
At Winters and Yonker, P.A., our team has over 119 years of experience between us. We’re known as aggressive attorneys who stand up for our clients’ rights no matter who’s on the other side of the negotiating table. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts.
You can count on us to:
- Immediately investigate to preserve evidence in your case
- Provide trusted legal advice and guidance
- Consult respected experts to interpret evidence and establish your case value
- Handle all administrative and procedural work
- Negotiate with the other party on your behalf
Many cases settle out of court. However, if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, our Tampa personal injury attorneys won’t hesitate to take your case before a jury to fight for fair compensation.
Ready to learn more? Just give us a call today.
What Is My Tampa Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
The value of any personal injury claim is subjective. It’s based on the unique facts of your case. The best way to get a fair sense of what your case is worth is by consulting an experienced attorney.
Factors that our lawyers will consider:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your medical bills and other expenses
- Whether you’ll suffer a long-term disability
- Any changes to your daily life caused by the injury
- Your physical and mental suffering
- Damage to your ability to work
Our lawyers can help you document the severity of your injuries. We’ll work to identify the ways the injury will change your daily life and impact your ability to work. To discuss how we can help you seek full compensation for your injuries, contact our personal injury law firm today.
What Damages Are Available To Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Tampa?
Contrary to many opinions, slip and fall injuries aren’t always minor. Many victims suffer severe and life-changing injuries. It’s important to recover the full range of damages available in your personal injury case.
Florida personal injury laws allow victims to seek compensation for their economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential if the injury impacts your ability to work
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Medical devices
- And more
You’re also entitled to seek compensation for your subjective and personal losses, called non-economic damages. Examples of these damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
If your slip and fall happened at work, you’d be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits to cover part of your lost wages and your medical bills.
Some of your economic damages will be easy to calculate. Others will present more of a challenge. To make sure we don’t leave money on the table, our slip and fall lawyers work with experts and specialists to calculate the cost of your future medical treatment, diminished earning capacity, and pain and suffering damages.
Can I Still Recover Damages If the Other Party Is Blaming Me for My Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
Insurance companies often unfairly blame slip and fall victims for getting hurt. That’s because your damages award can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault under Florida comparative negligence laws.
For instance, if you’re awarded $500,000 by the jury but are found to be 25% at fault, you would receive $375,000, or the full amount less your percent of fault.
If the insurance company succeeds in blaming you, the results can be harsh. That’s why it’s important to work with an experienced Tampa slip and fall accident attorney. Our lawyers at Winters and Yonker, P.A., know these rules inside and out. Don’t hesitate to reach out for the help you deserve today.
We Can Fight To Recover Compensation for Each of Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slip and falls can cause significant damage. Often, victims suffer multiple injuries and can require medical treatment over the course of months.
Our lawyers at Winters and Yonker, P.A., will work to recover compensation for all of your injuries – no matter how minor or severe. Some common injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Joint injuries
- Hip fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn ligaments and ACL tears
- Nerve injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including herniated discs
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
Slip and falls even have the potential to cause permanent or catastrophic injuries. Some injuries result in wrongful death.
Regardless of the type of injuries you’ve sustained, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice. We review your case for free, so there’s no risk in finding out whether you’re entitled to compensation.
What’s the Cause of Most Tampa Slip and Fall Accidents?
A slip and fall can happen anywhere. When these accidents happen because of negligent property maintenance, the property owner can be held liable for damages.
Some common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Accumulated snow or ice
- Puddles or spills
- Slick or slippery floors, including floors that have recently been polished or waxed
- Uneven pavement and potholes in parking lots and walkways
- Debris, garbage, and other obstacles
- Crumbling pavement
- Missing guardrails
- Unsafe stairways with missing stair treads or damaged steps
- Unsecured rugs or carpets
- Loose cables or wires
- Inadequate lighting
Our lawyers will carefully investigate your premises liability claim. After we identify what caused your fall, we can locate all parties who may be liable for damages.
How Is Negligence Proven After a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
Property owners have a legal duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. Under Florida premises liability laws, owners of commercial or residential property can be held liable for dangerous property conditions.
The property owner isn’t automatically liable. They’re only liable for negligence –or, in plain English, their failure to exercise reasonable care to keep others safe.
To recover damages for negligent property maintenance, your lawyers will work to establish:
- A duty of care on the part of the property owner
- A breach of that duty of care
- That the breach caused your slip and fall
- That you’ve suffered damages as a result
Visitors and guests are classified based on why they were visiting the property. The property owner’s maintenance duties will depend on why you were on the property in the first place.
Business owners have a heightened duty of care to customers and visitors, who are called “invitees”. Business owners must:
- Fix any unsafe property conditions
- Provide adequate warning about hazards that can’t be fixed quickly
- Inspect the property at regular intervals to identify dangerous conditions
Licensees enter the property with permission but without any type of business purpose. Guests at a party are one example of licensees. Property owners owe licensees a duty to provide adequate warning about any dangers that aren’t obvious – but they don’t have to inspect the property to locate those hazards.
If you enter someone else’s property without permission, you’re classified as a trespasser. Property owners aren’t generally liable to trespassers – and don’t have to provide a warning about any dangers.
How Much Time Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
You only have limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were injured due to a slip and fall. Under the Florida statute of limitations, you must take legal action within four years after your accident. If you wait too long, you lose your right to compensation.
Reach Out To a Tampa Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
It isn’t always easy to prove that a property owner was liable after a slip and fall accident. Call Winters and Yonker, P.A., to speak with a trusted Tampa slip and fall accident lawyer today. We offer a free initial consultation, so it doesn’t cost anything to get the legal advice you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Tampa
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Tampa
- Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Tampa
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Tampa
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Premises Liability Attorney in Tampa
- Product Liability Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Tampa
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tampa