Lakeland Truck Accident Lawyers for 18 Wheeler Accidents
Truck Accident Attorney Lakeland – 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
The most dangerous type of accident is a truck accident. Tractor-trailer accidents are the deadliest type of accident in Florida. Over 98% of all semi-truck accidents in Florida result in a fatality. Furthermore, because the roads in Florida are already overcrowded, there are a lot of truck accidents every year. If you find yourself a victim in a truck accident, contact an experienced Lakeland Truck Accident Lawyer at Winters & Yonker for a Free Consultation.
In 2016, for example, there were over 44,000 accidents in Florida involving tractor-trailers. Because of the size difference, passenger vehicles usually suffer the brunt of the impact. Trucks are large and heavy so a passenger vehicle doesn’t stand a chance against them during an accident.
The statistics for truck accidents in Florida are alarming. In 2015, over 3,800 people died in tractor-trailer accidents. Sixty-nine percent of those killed were passengers in cars whereas only 16% were truck drivers. Fifteen percent of those who died were bicyclists or pedestrians. Forty-two percent of these accidents took place during the day.
This is not to say that truck drivers are reckless or aren’t careful. This is not true. In fact, the requirements for truck drivers in Florida and across the country are very high. There are strict safety guidelines they must follow. The problem is that the nature of these vehicles leads to very serious accident in Lakeland, FL. If you were injured in a truck-related accident contact a car accident lawyer in Lakeland, that has experience in handling truck accident cases, today.
Do You Need a Lakeland Truck Accident Lawyer?
Truck drivers aren’t bad people. They are men and women earning a living and working very hard to do so. However, when they are involved in road accidents, the other driver is usually hurt much worse than the truck driver. This is mainly because the truck driver has protection from a truck weighing close to 80,000 pounds. The car driver is not so fortunate.
Lakeland, FL truck drivers know the statistics. They are also familiar with how these accidents happen. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Florida include:
- Improper loads. The truck has a higher chance of rolling over when the weight distribution of the load is uneven. Rollovers can cause accidents with other trucks and passenger cars.
- Fatigued drivers. Drivers are under a lot of pressure to get to their destinations on time. They are hauling freight across the country and are usually paid by the load. Driver fatigue can lead to devastating accidents. If a driver falls asleep, he is likely to hit another car or even cause a head-on collision.
- Improper maintenance. Truck drivers are required to make sure their trucks are properly maintained. They need to keep records of their truck’s maintenance and service. If a truck is not properly maintained, it can malfunction and cause an accident.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs. Just like regular drivers, truck drivers do indeed drive while drunk or under the influence of drugs. Some drivers are under the pressure to be on the road 16 hours a day. Therefore, they take substances like methamphetamines or cocaine to keep their energy levels high. They also may indulge in other illicit drugs and alcohol. Obviously, driving while drunk or on drugs can lead to very serious accidents.
- Fast driving. Again, knowing that they are on a tight deadline, commercial drivers are prone to speeding. When a heavy truck collides with a small passenger car, the outcome is going to be deadly.
If you were recently in a truck wreck, you need the services of a truck accident lawyer. He will help prove that the truck driver was at fault in order to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Florida Trucking Accident Lawyer Today
We handle all types of accidents and have experienced lawyers for rideshare accidents like LYFT and Uber to electrocution lawyers to truck accident lawyers. If you or a loved one obtained injuries in a truck accident, contact a Lakeland truck accident lawyer today. You or your loved one have probably suffered serious injuries and you need to focus on your recovery. You have an entitlement to compensation and an experienced truck accident lawyer can get you that compensation.
Contact a Lakeland, FL lawyer today to schedule your free consultation. You need to explain what happened so that your lawyer can get an idea of how strong your case is. He may even be able to give you an estimate of what your case may be worth. The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you win.