New Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer
New Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer for Semi Truck Related Accidents
Trucks play a major role in the movement of goods across the USA. Annually, 10 billion tons of commodities like foodstuff, electronics, and medical supplies are delivered throughout the country by truck drivers. The total value of these commodities is over $671 billion. From these numbers, it is clear the trucking industry plays a big and positive role in our economy. However, there is a dark side to having trucks on our roads. These big vehicles continue to cause major accidents which often result in serious injuries or death. In 2010, the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle department recorded 3,329 accidents involving trucks. Those accidents resulted in 58 fatalities and 1,821 injured persons. Since that time, the number of truck accidents recorded has been on the increase. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you should speak to New Port Richey truck accident lawyer.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in New Port Richey, FL?
Most trucking accidents occur due to driver error. Some of the negligent actions taken by truck drivers include:
- Driving while fatigued. Some trucking companies push their drivers to deliver goods in unrealistic times. To beat the deadlines set for delivery, drivers forego sleep and drive all night. This is definitely not good as the drivers end up extremely tired. Driver fatigue reduces alertness and response time and it has been cited as the number one cause of truck accidents.
- Driving under the influence. To stay awake while driving at night, many truck drivers take drugs. They use amphetamines or “uppers”, as they commonly refer to them. These pills impair their judgment and can make them cause an accident. Cases of truck drivers being drunk at the time of an accident are also not unheard of.
- Driving while distracted. Just like other drivers, truck drivers are often distracted while behind the wheel. They text while driving, talk on the phone, fill out paperwork, manipulate their GPS and engaged in other dangerous practices. This reckless behavior not only puts their safety at risk but that of other motorists as well.
Companies can also be responsible for truck accidents. Some unscrupulous cargo or truck companies often pack their vehicles with more goods than they should carry. This is dangerous because improper load distribution increases the chances of a truck accident.
Other causes of truck accidents include mechanical failures, speeding, bad weather conditions, tailgating, and incorrect trailer attachment.
How Can a New Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer Help If You Are in A Truck Accident?
Injuries and damages caused by a truck accident are usually serious because of the large size of the vehicles. Accident victims often suffer:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic head injury
- Fractured Bones
- Deep lacerations
- Amputated limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
Due to the seriousness of the injuries, treatment will be expensive. A New Port Richey trucking accident lawyer may be able to get you compensation if a negligent driver was involved. You can seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and more. This compensation can be sought from:
- The truck owner
- The truck driver
- The business or person who leased the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The cargo shippers
Contact a New Port Richey Trucking Accident Lawyer
A truck accident can change your life forever. Oftentimes, victims suffer permanent disabilities. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, contact Winters & Yonker. We will help you investigate and determine the person responsible for your injuries. Once we identify the party at fault, we will ask for compensation. You shouldn’t be left to suffer alone because of someone’s negligence.
We hope the insurance company will settle your claim amicably and quickly. However, insurance companies are known for offering poor settlements or refusing to pay a claim. If this happens, we will go to court to get you the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Whether you were in a car accident in New Port Richey and need a car wreck lawyer or involved in a semi-truck tractor trailer accident and need a truck accident attorney, call us today to discuss what legal options you have after your accident. Our initial consultations are free and you won’t have to pay us anything upfront if we take on your case. We operate on a contingency basis. This means you will only pay us if we secure your compensation.
We have a variety of attorneys, anywhere from Uber accident lawyers to truck accident attorneys to burn injury lawyers. Call our lawyers and let us worry about you recovering your losses and you can focus on your recovery. The sooner you get in touch with us, the faster you can receive your much-needed compensation!