New Port Richey Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been involved in an accident in New Port Richey, Florida? You may have the ability to obtain compensation from the at-fault party. Call (727) 910-5060 and talk to our New Port Richey personal injury lawyers at Winters and Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case. We’re available 24/7 to take your call.
Our experienced Tampa injury lawyers are known for their seasoned legal representation. With over 119 years of combined experience and tens of millions of dollars in compensation collected to date, we know what it takes to win an injury case.
Our legal team is ready to put that experience and skill to work for you and get compensation for your pain and suffering, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, decreased earning capacity, medical bills, or any other consequences you may have suffered. Contact our law firm today. We offer a free initial consultation.
Why Should I Hire a New Port Richey Personal Injury Attorney at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Personal Injury Case?
After a personal injury, you might have significant financial expenses such as medical bills and repair costs, plus you might be in communication with an insurance adjuster trained to minimize the value of your claim. And all of that is on top of the pain and suffering you could be feeling.
With that much to contend with, you shouldn’t have to worry about how you’ll be compensated by the one who caused your injury. When you hire Winters and Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, you can take the time you need to rest and recover; our personal injury attorneys in New Port Richey will handle the rest. We can help you with:
- Internally investigating your case to collect evidence and determine the extent and cause of your damages
- Hiring experts to analyze and strengthen your case, plus testify on your behalf at trial if necessary
- Handling all communications and negotiations with the accountable on your behalf
- Apprising you of your legal options at each stage of your case
- Ensuring you’re protected if the other side tries to place the blame on you for the accident
We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of accidents and injuries, such as:
- $5 million for a car accident victim
- $3.05 million auto negligence settlement
- $1 million for a pedestrian hit by a car
- $1 million for a motorcycle accident case
- $1 million for a bicyclist hit by a car
Speak with us today to get started. Our legal team in New Port Richey, FL, is standing by to help you make it through this difficult time.
Our New Port Richey Personal Injury Law Office Location
Our building is just over a mile east of Pasco Palms Preserve and two miles southeast of the Gulf Harbors Yacht Club. We are located about two miles south of the Cotee River and downtown New Port Richey. The New Port Richey City Hall is three miles northeast of us. The West Pasco Judicial Center is about seven miles northeast of our office.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer is the best way to ensure you are adequately compensated – not to mention compensated at all – after an accident.
Some of the reasons why you should hire a personal injury lawyer include:
- Lawyers have access to experts. These experts can help collect evidence, which will be required to prove your claim. They can also testify on your behalf in the event that your case reaches trial.
- The other side will probably try to blame you for the accident. If they succeed, your award could be reduced or eliminated. An attorney can help protect your interests and fight back against these allegations.
- Hiring an attorney helps to even the playing field. Insurers are incentivized to pay as little for your claim as possible, and they’ll utilize various tactics to that end. An experienced injury lawyer will see through those strategies to your benefit.
- You can take the time you need to recover from your injury. Hiring a lawyer means you don’t have to worry about the legal side of things. We’ll work on that while you rest and heal.
For more information regarding how an accident lawyer can help you, talk to us for a free case evaluation.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in New Port Richey
With over 115 years of collective experience, you can feel confident that our personal injury lawyers in New Port Richey will be able to assist you. Some of the practice areas we have experience with are:
Unfortunately, car accidents occur regularly in New Port Richey, Florida. Some result only in minor property damage, but others can be much more serious, resulting in physical injuries and impacting your ability to have a normal life. Our legal team handles all types of auto accidents, including distracted driving, head-on crashes, drunk or drugged driving (DUI accidents), speeding accidents, texting and driving, Uber and Lyft accidents, among others.
Our New Port Richey car accident attorneys can help you receive compensation for your medical bills, suffering, repairs, and much more after having a car accident.
Florida is one of the most popular states to ride a motorcycle in, and for good reason considering its year-round rideable temperatures. As motorcycles provide less protection relative to other types of motor vehicles, accidents involving them tend to cause significant harm to the rider.
Our New Port Richey motorcycle accident lawyers can help you hold the at-fault party accountable after a motorcycle accident.
Trucks are essential to the functioning of both intrastate and interstate commerce, but they can also cause serious damage and life-changing injuries when they are involved in a wreck.
Additionally, truck accident cases tend to be legally complex as the trucking company itself, plus at least one insurance company will probably be involved. Call our New Port Richey truck accident attorneys for help today.
Bicycles are some of the most vulnerable vehicles on the road, and accidents involving them can be deadly.
Whether it’s another bicyclist, a pedestrian, or the driver of a motor vehicle on the other side of the collision, our New Port Richey bicycle accident lawyers can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
A brain injury can result from a number of different types of accidents and can range in severity. Sometimes, these injuries can even be caused by medical malpractice.
As a result of these factors, brain injury cases can result in a significant financial award. Call today to schedule your free consultation with our New Port Richey brain injury attorneys.
Slip and Fall Accidents
A number of different parties could be held liable after a slip and fall accident. Depending on the circumstances, you could have a case against a negligent business owner or even a governmental entity.
We’ll be sure to investigate your case to identify all accountable parties when you choose our New Port Richey slip and fall accident lawyers to help you.
The wrongful death of a loved one is an unimaginably difficult situation to endure. No amount of money can ever bring your family member back or make you feel whole again.
However, an economic award could help preserve a sense of justice and can make your expenses easier to deal with. Our compassionate New Port Richey wrongful death attorneys can help you get compensation.
We also handle other cases, including:
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Product liability cases
- and more practice areas
Whether your personal injury accident type is listed above or not, Winters and Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, can help. Call us right away for legal advice and assistance.
What Types of Injuries Can I Sustain?
If you’ve suffered a personal injury in New Port Richey that was caused by someone else, you might have a claim for compensation.
Some of the common types of injuries that can give rise to a New Port Richey personal injury claim include the following:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burn injuries
- Chest injuries
- Leg injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Reach out to Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, if you’ve been hurt in a New Port Richey personal injury accident.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a New Port Richey Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers in New Port Richey work on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless they secure compensation for you via a settlement or verdict. If your case is successful, your lawyer will deduct their attorney’s fees from your awarded compensation.
You and your attorney will agree upon the percentage of attorney’s fees at the outset of your case. Most attorneys charge between 33 and 40%, but it will depend on the complexity of it, the work it may require, and other factors.
We’ll discuss our fee arrangement during your free consultation and ensure you understand every element of how it works and what to expect.
How Do I Prove Negligence After Being Injured in An Accident?
Negligence is the cause of most accidents and is the failure to use reasonable care, resulting in an injury to someone else. It is composed of four elements.
You have to prove each one in order to win your personal injury claim.
- Duty: You must show that the defendant owed you a duty of care. Duties arise from the law or a relationship between the defendant and the plaintiff. They typically require a person to exercise a certain level of care to avoid harming others.
- Breach: You must prove the defendant breached this duty. A person breaches their duty when they fail to act like a reasonable person and injures someone else.
- Causation: You must show that your injuries are a consequence of the defendant’s actions. You will also have to make it evident that your injuries were foreseeable.
- Damages: You will have to demonstrate that you suffered damages as a result of the accident. These damages will typically be financial but can also be emotional in nature.
You will have to demonstrate your case by a preponderance of the evidence; that is, it is more likely than not that your version of events is true. Your personal injury lawyer will do this with various forms of evidence, including accident reports, medical records, photographs, video footage, and expert and eyewitness testimony.
Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a consultation to discuss your negligence claim.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
Florida’s modified comparative fault statute allows you to recover damages even if you’re not mostly at fault for an accident. If you are only partially to blame for the accident, your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
Insurance companies know this rule and use it to take advantage of accident victims and pay them less than they deserve. Our personal injury attorneys will push back and guarantee a fair amount.
What Damages Are Available to New Port Richey, FL Accident Victims?
After an accident in New Port Richey, you can recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. An attorney can help you identify what kind of compensation is available in your accident or injury claim.
The economic damages you can recover after an accident include:
- Medical costs, including anticipated future expenses
- Lost wages from missing time from work
- Nursing care if you need it
- Lost earning potential if you’re unable to work at the same job due to your injuries
- Any out-of-pocket costs you incurred due to your accident and injuries
The non-economic damages you can seek may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) and anxiety
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortiums
Punitive damages are rarely awarded, but they serve to punish defendants who acted intentionally or recklessly in causing accidents and personal injuries.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Because each personal injury case involves different facts, each has a different value. However, factors that relate to the value of most cases include:
- The type of injuries you have suffered
- Whether you are expected to make a full recovery
- The extent to which you’re unable to work due to the accident
- The availability of evidence in support of your claim
- How much of the blame for the accident you share
Personal injury and accident cases vary drastically in how much they are worth, and the quality of your legal representation could influence that value as well. Call today for a consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys in New Port Richey.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Florida?
Most personal injury lawsuits in Florida must be filed within two years of the accident, or else you’ll lose your chance to recover damages.
Exceptions may apply that reduce or extend the amount of time you have. You need to be aware of the statute of limitations that applies to your case. Therefore, it’s essential to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to get started and ensure you meet the statutory deadline.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
The timeline of your personal injury case will depend on the unique details of it. Accidents involving minor injuries and damages tend to resolve the quickest. Insurance companies may settle these claims in a matter of weeks or months.
Cases resulting in moderate to serious injuries may take longer to complete, especially if you have to achieve maximum medical improvement (MMI) before settling. These claims can take half a year or more to resolve. Claims that proceed to lawsuits take the longest to resolve. These cases require discovery, court appearances, and trial, which can take a year or more to finish.
After reviewing your case, a personal injury lawyer can provide you with a rough estimate of the time it will take to come to a resolution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
Filing a personal injury claim is your best and likely only opportunity at being fairly compensated after an accident. It is unlikely that the person responsible for your injury will simply write a check to you without any legal obligation. An injury claim is your opportunity to make them accountable for causing you harm.
In most cases, you can file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company, which is known as a third-party claim. These claims can result in compensation for your medical bills, lost income, upfront expenses, and much more. Filing an injury claim is quite likely to be worth your time.
When Should I Contact a Personal Injury Attorney?
It’s worthwhile to contact a personal injury attorney after you’ve suffered any kind of damage that was caused by someone else. Hiring a lawyer gives you the best chance of receiving maximum compensation after an accident.
One thing to keep in mind is that the insurance company – even if it is your own – is not necessarily looking out for your best interest. These are for-profit businesses, and insurance adjusters are incentivized to pay as little for your claim as possible.
Another important consideration is that most personal injury law firms in New Port Richey, including Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, provide a free consultation to review your case. It’s recommended to speak with a lawyer to see whether you have a claim worth pursuing. At our law firm, there’s also no obligation to retain us after this first review.
Ultimately, there is virtually no downside to calling a lawyer after you’ve incurred some sort of damage. We recommend airing on the side of caution and reaching out after any kind of injury or accident.
How Do I Choose The Right New Port Richey Injury Attorney?
There are a number of considerations you should take into consideration when choosing the right New Port Richey injury attorney. These include:
- Look at the practice areas that the law firm has experience with and make sure the attorney has handled cases like yours before. An extensive track record of success with your specific case type (for example, car accidents, slip and fall accidents, defective products, bus accidents, or TBI) is a worthwhile factor to consider.
- Make sure that the law firm will be able to allocate sufficient resources to your case. For example, the firm should conduct a thorough internal investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident and should also have the ability to employ experts to bolster your claim.
- Look at client reviews and testimonials. You can generally find attorney or law firm reviews on websites like Google, Justia, and Martindale-Hubbell, to name a few. The law firm’s site may also have some information to this end.
- Ensure that the law firm can take your case the distance, all the way to trial, if necessary. Sometimes, filing a lawsuit and bringing your case to court will bring the greatest benefit. A lawyer who has been successful at trial can give you more confidence that they’ll be able to represent you effectively.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers is confident that we can successfully represent you after you’ve been hurt in an accident in New Port Richey. Feel free to reach out to our law firm with any questions you might have; your initial consultation is completely free.
Can I Seek Compensation From My PIP Policy?
Yes — if you were in a car accident. Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) will be your first recourse for compensation after a car wreck — regardless of who is liable for your crash. However, it will only pay up to 80% of your medical expenses and 60% of your lost wages — up to the policy limits. Basic PIP policies only offer $10,000 worth of coverage.
Florida law only allows you to opt-out of the no-fault system if you suffer serious injuries or your damages exceed the extension of your policy.
Contact Winter & Yonker, P.A. to explore your options for recovering compensation.
How Do I File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in New Port Richey?
If you were in a car accident, you must have a serious injury to file a lawsuit. Otherwise, you will have to pursue compensation through your PIP insurance policy.
Florida Law defines a serious injury as:
- A significant loss of an important bodily function
- A Permanent injury
A lawyer can help you determine whether your injury qualifies for a lawsuit.
If you suffered any other kind of personal injury, you would typically be able to initiate a lawsuit immediately after your accident. Most personal injury lawsuits are based on negligence. In these cases, you will have to make it evident that the negligent party acted unreasonably and caused your injury through carelessness.
Some cases, like dog attacks and product liability suits, are not based on negligence but on strict liability. In these cases, you will have to demonstrate the at-fault party engaged in certain prohibited behavior.
If you believe you have a personal injury lawsuit, Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Contact us for help understanding your rights and options.
Should I Accept the Settlement Offer From the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Provider?
Typically, the insurance company will present you with a lowball first offer that doesn’t fully account for your damages after your accident. Therefore, it is extremely risky to accept a settlement offer without consulting an attorney.
An attorney can help you negotiate a higher settlement that reflects the real value of your losses. They can help you assess the value of your losses, consulting financial experts when necessary so you don’t leave any award on the table. They can also pressure on the insurance company to settle for a fair amount or risk being sued.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers offers free consultations to all prospective clients. We would be happy to review the offer and help you determine whether the insurance company is offering an adequate settlement. Contact us to schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in New Port Richey.
Contact Our Experienced New Port Richey Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
By now, you should know how important legal representation will be in your accident or injury claim. You do not want to go up against the insurance company alone. Let “The Aggressive Attorneys” at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers stand up for your rights and help get compensation to get back to your regular life.
Contact our law office right away to schedule your 100% free evaluation with one of our skilled New Port Richey personal injury attorneys. We’re ready to put more than a century of combined experience behind your case.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Read more of our reviews.
- Personal Injury FAQ
- Six Questions to Ask an Injury Lawyer During a Free Consultation
- What Is the Difference Between a Lawyer and an Attorney?
- When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Why Do I Need A Personal Injury Attorney?
- 4 Reasons Why an Injury Lawyer Will Not Take Your Case
Local Emergency Rooms
- Morton Plant North Bay Hospital – 6600 Madison St, Port Richey, FL 34652
- BayCare Urgent Care – 4821 US-19, New Port Richey, FL 34652
- Primary Care Walk in Clinic – 6329 FL-54, New Port Richey, FL 34653
- American Care Medical Center – 5307 Main St, New Port Richey, FL 34652
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Areas We Serve In New Port Richey, FL
Alaska, Allens Riverview Estates, Cassandra Crescent, City of New Port Richey, Cotee River Mobile Home Cooperative, Crafts, Craftsdivision, Damac Manor, Eichholtzdivision, Executive Estates, Fairhaven Addition, Florestate, Garden Grove Addition, Gulf Coast Estates, Gulf Profession Bldg Condo, Hughes Landing, Imperial Embassy Condo, Jasmin Addition, Jasmin Point Estates, Jasmin Terrace, Jasmin Terrace Addition, Jasmine Court, Kirby Heights, Kirbydivision, La Mottes, Linder Heights, Madison Street Professional Center, Maki Heights, Massachusetts Heights, Newporter Medical Mall, Northrups River Grove, Oak Hill Heights, Palm Haven, Phillipsdivision, Pinecrest, Richey Court, Richey Medical Plaza A Professional Condominium, Richey Woods Condo, Richlyn Division, River Bluff, River Villas, Riverview Terrace, Royal Park East, South Boulevard Townhouses, Thomas Meighan Estates, Twin Lakes Village, Twin Lakes Village Condo, Verdes Gardens, Vermillion, Wedgewood, Woodridge Estates, Woodridge South.