A slip and fall accident may often lead to long-term injuries and disabilities. Unfortunately, many people living in Winter Haven are not aware of their legal rights when they slip and fall on someone else’s property. When you have been injured due to a slip and fall accident on another party’s property that wasn’t your fault at all, you are entitled to receive compensation for your injuries.
Proving the negligence of the property owner is extremely important to claim compensation from slip and fall injuries. That’s where you need to hire the best Winter Haven slip and fall lawyer. Not all attorneys have the experience needed to handle your claim. Your extensive research plays an important part when choosing the best slip and fall lawyer to handle your case. Winters and Yonker is your trusted partner when it comes to slip and fall accident lawsuits.
Winters and Yonker employs highly specialized personal injury lawyers to handle your case. They have won millions of dollars for their clients for injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents. In fact, Florida has specific laws that pertain to slip and fall accidents. Speak to one of our lawyers to know your legal rights and win maximum compensation for your injuries. Call Winters and Yonker at (888) 373-7770 to handle your slip and fall accident and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
Table of Contents
How Can a Winter Haven Slip and Fall Lawyer Help Me With My Case?
Just because you slip and fall on the sidewalk of a neighbor’s home or in a grocery store, it doesn’t automatically mean that you have a slip and fall case. Even though the homeowner or business owner has a responsibility to prevent slip and fall accidents, the public also needs to exercise reasonable caution when visiting such places. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can advise you whether you have a chance of claiming compensation for your damages.
The lawyer will evaluate your case and see whether it was your negligence that led to the slip and fall accident. You need to prove the negligence of the other party to obtain compensation for your injuries. A reliable and experienced slip and fall lawyer at Winters and Yonker will handle your case and obtain maximum benefits for you.
What Steps Can Be Taken to Help a Slip and Fall Case?
There are many things that you need to do if you are involved in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property. Here are the most important steps you need to take to help your slip and fall case.
- Note the place, date, and time of the accident.
- Report the accident to the manager of the premises or the owner of the house.
- Take photos of the accident if you are in a position to do so.
- Get medical help if you need treatment for your injuries.
- Keep the footwear you were wearing at the time as evidence and don’t wear them again until the case is filed.
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses to the incident. Their testimony can be used by your slip and fall lawyer to prove the negligence of the property owner.
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident be Proven?
In Florida, a slip and fall accident comes under “premise liability.” The property owner can be held liable for your injuries if they were unable to exercise an appropriate degree of care towards their employees, clients, and any other person who visits the premises. The plaintiff needs to establish three things to prove negligence in a slip and fall accident.
- The property owner was aware of the hazard on the premises.
- The plaintiff was not aware of the hazard or its seriousness.
- The plaintiff exercised caution and still slipped and fell since no information or signpost was alerting him/her about the potential hazard.
How is Liability Determined in a Winter Haven Slip and Fall Case?
When trying to assess whether the defendant acted reasonably, the plaintiff should consider the following factors.
- Did the obstacle or hazardous condition exist long enough that a reasonable property owner should have taken steps to eliminate the obstacle or hazard?
- Did the property owner have a policy of routinely checking the condition of their property?
- Did the plaintiff have a good reason to be on the property at the time of the accident?
- Would an individual of reasonable caution in the same situation notice the hazard and avoid it?
- Was the plaintiff engaged in any other activity that contributed to his/her slip and fall accident?
How Much is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The amount of compensation you receive after a slip and fall accident will depend on the severity of your injuries and the percentage of your involvement in the accident. The best way to determine the amount of compensation you should receive is to work with an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Winter Haven, Florida. The most important thing is you don’t have to pay the lawyer anything until he or she wins your case. The last thing you need is the added tension of dealing with insurance companies and the legal system after you have been injured in a slip and fall accident.
What Are the Time Limits for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
In Florida, you have four years from the date of the slip and fall accident to file a claim against the property owner. If you don’t file the case before four years, the statute of limitations will come into effect and make it impossible to file a claim.
File Your Slip and Fall Claim With Our Attorneys
If you or someone in your family has been injured due to slipping and falling on someone else’s property, you are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. You need a professional injury law firm to handle your case in Winter Haven. Call Winters and Yonker at (888) 373-7770 to handle your slip and fall accident and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.