You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and emotional distress if you’ve recently been injured in an Uber accident in Clearwater, Florida.
Getting compensation can be a challenge, which is why you shouldn’t hesitate to call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for help. Our award-winning Clearwater Uber accident lawyers are ready to help you maximize your financial award.
Since 2001, we’ve been leading advocates for crash victims and grieving families in Clearwater and throughout the greater Tampa Bay area.
We understand how important compensation can be for our clients as they struggle to get back on their feet, and we work hard to achieve top results. Our hard work and dedication have helped us win millions on behalf of deserving clients like you.
Benefit from a team with 119+ years of combined experience. Contact or call our law office in Clearwater, FL, to arrange a free consultation today at (727) 493-4418.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Hurt in an Uber Accident in Clearwater, FL
Can you sue Uber after an accident involving one of its rideshare drivers? What happens if the Uber driver isn’t entirely at fault? What if the insurance company tries to blame you for your injuries?
You shouldn’t be focusing your time and energy on getting to the bottom of these (and other) important issues. Instead, you should be focused on getting back on your feet. You can prioritize your health and put your case in good hands when you call our Clearwater personal injury lawyers for help.
Our top-rated legal team in Clearwater will take care of your fight for compensation for you. We’ll determine how your Uber accident happened, identify who’s at fault, and work hard to secure a meaningful financial award on your behalf.
As we handle your Uber accident case, we will:
- Gather evidence – including driver communication records, Uber app activity, photographs of the scene of the crash, video footage, witness statements, damage to physical property, and medical records – to help us build a strong claim for damages
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding the Uber crash
- Consult auto accident experts and injury specialists
- Prepare and submit necessary claims and documents
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Help you decide whether to reject or accept settlement offers
Our car accident lawyers in Clearwater will be ready to bring your case to a jury in Pinellas County if you’re not offered a fair deal or if we genuinely believe that you deserve (and can get) more money.
Call our law office serving Clearwater, Florida, to get started. We offer a free case evaluation and offer representation on contingency, so there’s no cost to hire our law firm unless we win your Uber car accident case.
Are Uber Accidents Common?
There aren’t really any hard and fast statistics about Uber accidents or how often they occur. However, research does suggest that car accidents, in general, have happened more frequently since Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services entered the scene.
Researchers from the University of Chicago and Rice University found that Uber and Lyft rideshare services are associated with a 3 percent increase in car accident fatalities.
While Uber vehicles may not have been directly involved in all of these fatal crashes, their presence on the road may have created more dangerous situations.
After all, there are no specific licensing or training requirements to drive for Uber. At the same time, drivers are incentivized to complete as many trips as possible since their pay is quantity-based, not quality.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Clearwater, FL?
Uber accidents tend to happen when drivers are negligent. Uber drivers, in particular, are susceptible to behaviors that put themselves, their passengers, and other motorists on the road in harm’s way.
- Might speed or engage in reckless behaviors behind the wheel so that they can complete more trips during the day.
- Tend to be vulnerable to distractions caused by the Uber app, GPS devices, their phones, and passengers in the vehicle.
- Might not be aware of changes in traffic if they’re actively searching for a passenger.
- Could turn to drugs or alcohol to help them cope with the stresses of their job.
- Might not have the money or funds to complete necessary vehicle maintenance.
- Can block traffic and create hazards when they stop at or near an intersection to drop off or pick up passengers.
Uber is usually a second source of income for drivers, so they might be more likely to be fatigued or fall asleep behind the wheel.
Other contributing factors, including bad weather, limited visibility, vehicle defects, and dangerous road conditions, can also contribute to Uber accidents in Clearwater.
Who’s Liable For My Injuries After a Clearwater Uber Accident?
Generally speaking, you can’t sue Uber after an accident involving one of its rideshare drivers in Clearwater. Uber drivers are independent contractors, which means that their employer (Uber) isn’t liable for resulting accidents.
In addition, Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to car insurance, meaning unless the accident meets the state’s “serious injury” threshold, you’ll need to go through your own Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage.
However, Uber is required to carry insurance to cover costs and damages related to rideshare accidents.
When (and if) this coverage kicks in depends on the Uber driver’s status.
Uber’s insurance doesn’t apply when an Uber driver is off duty. This means that they’re driving their vehicle for personal reasons and not actively searching for passengers. In these situations, you can file a claim with the negligent Uber driver’s insurance company, or file a lawsuit against the driver or a negligent third party.
Uber has a limited policy that’s effective when an Uber driver is logged into the app and awaiting a ride request. This policy covers bodily injury damage ($50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident) and property damage ($25,000 per accident).
Uber’s million-dollar insurance policy is effective once an Uber driver accepts a ride request. Coverage is effective from the moment the request is accepted in the app, while the driver travels to pick up the passenger, and until the passenger is dropped off at their intended destination.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win My Uber Accident Case?
In most cases, Clearwater Uber accident lawsuits are based on negligence. You’ll have the burden of proving that the Uber driver or another third party (e.g., another motorist, bicyclist, pedestrian, or a government agency) acted unreasonably and, in turn, caused you to get hurt.
Specifically, you’ll have to establish these elements of negligence:
- Duty. The defendant owed you a duty of care (e.g., to drive safely and obey Clearwater traffic laws)
- Breach. The defendant did not uphold this duty because they failed to act reasonably (e.g., sped, rolled through a stop sign, were texting and driving)
- Causation. The defendant’s conduct was the direct and proximate cause of the accident and your trauma.
- Damages. You’ve suffered medical bills, property damage, emotional distress, and/or other types of damages as a result.
When you turn to our Uber accident attorneys in Clearwater, we’ll take care of your negligence case for you. We’ll conduct a thorough investigation, gather evidence, and build a strong claim that proves that someone else’s careless actions caused you to get hurt.
What Compensation Can I Get in a Clearwater Rideshare Accident Claim?
As the plaintiff in an Uber accident lawsuit, you can generally recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages make up for the financial losses related to your Uber Accident, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
Non-economic damages compensate for pain and suffering associated with your accident, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Chronic physical pain
Our top-rated Clearwater Uber accident attorneys will carefully assess your situation with the help of respected experts and specialists. We will dig into the specific factors of your accident and trauma and work to achieve a result that represents what your Uber accident case is worth.
Uber Accident Victims Can Sustain Catastrophic Injuries
Whether you are an Uber passenger, an occupant of another vehicle, or a bystander on the road, you can sustain severe and life-threatening injuries in a rideshare accident.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have sustained Uber accident injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Chest injury
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member after a fatal Uber accident in Clearwater
Do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced legal team to discuss your legal rights and options after a crash. We always stand by to take your call – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Uber Crash in Clearwater, Florida?
For an Uber accident resulting in an injury, you will have four years to seek compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
If an Uber accident is fatal, surviving family members will have two years from the date of a family member’s wrongful death to seek damages.
Do not miss the deadline that applies to your Uber accident case. You lose the opportunity to assert your rights and recover compensation once the statute of limitations expires.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Clearwater Uber Accident Lawyer
Are you struggling with debilitating physical injuries or the sudden death of a family member because of an Uber accident in Clearwater, Florida? Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance.
Our experienced Clearwater Uber accident lawyers can help you file a claim and seek maximum compensation from negligent motorists and insurance companies.
Call our Clearwater law office at (727) 493-4418 to arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Clearwater
- Car Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Clearwater
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Clearwater