What Is the Likelihood I Will Experience a Car Accident in Lakeland, FL?
August 10, 2023 | Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers | Car Accident
How likely is it to be involved in a car accident in Lakeland? Whether you’re a Lakeland local or you’re just visiting, you may wonder how common crashes are in this popular Florida city. Accidents actually happen quite frequently in Lakeland.
Lakeland is between two major Florida cities, Tampa and Orlando, and there is plenty of traffic in the area. High traffic and dangerous roads and intersections mean your risk of getting in a car accident is high.
If you’re injured in a collision in Lakeland, it’s important to speak to a qualified car accident attorney to discuss your situation and determine how to proceed with your claim for compensation.
What Causes Most Car Accidents?
Car accidents happen every single day for a variety of reasons. In a majority of cases, negligent driver behavior results in collisions.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive driving involves various dangerous behaviors, including tailgating and running red lights.
- Speeding: Speeding is another common type of aggressive driving behavior and is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving means driving without regard for others on the road and is illegal in Florida.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs severely impairs a person’s ability to operate a vehicle.
- Fatigued Driving: Fatigue can actually affect a person’s body similarly to alcohol, making it more difficult to drive safely.
- Distracted Driving: Distractions take your eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, or mind off the task at hand.
- Failure to Yield: In certain situations, drivers are required to yield to other drivers and pedestrians, allowing them the right of way.
- Unsafe Lane Changes and Turns: When making turns and lane changes, signaling is crucial to prevent accidents, but many drivers fail to do so.
- Failure to Follow Street Signs and Laws: Street signs and laws are in place to keep individuals on the roads safe, but failure to follow them can result in accidents.
Other factors also contribute to the probability of car accidents, including poor road conditions and malfunctioning or defective car parts. Considering all these factors, the chance of getting in car crashes is relatively high.
One of the first steps in a car accident claim is determining the cause of your collision. Once you understand how your accident happened, you may have the opportunity to establish liability and pursue compensation.
Common Types of Collisions
Accidents typically depend on the cause – for example, speeding or unsafe lane changes.
Some of the common kinds of collisions include:
Additionally, vehicular accidents often involve just two vehicles, but more severe collisions could result in multi-car pileups. This is especially true when the collision happens at high speeds.
Injuries Often Resulting From Auto Accidents
More often than not, car accidents result in injuries.
Injuries vary quite a bit, depending on the details of the collision, but could include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
If you’re injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation. Fair monetary recovery can help cover the cost of your injuries and other related losses.
What Should I Do if I’m Involved in a Car Accident in Lakeland, Florida?
If you’re wondering, “What are my chances of being in a car accident in Lakeland?” they’re fairly high.
If you’re involved in a collision in Lakeland, your focus should primarily be your health and well-being. Seek medical attention and begin treatment for your injuries right away.
As soon as you’re ready, consult a qualified Lakeland car accident lawyer. Time is limited to pursue compensation for your auto collision, so the sooner you hire an attorney, the better.
A skilled lawyer can handle your collision claim from start to finish and work diligently to get you the outcome you deserve.
Contact a Lakeland Car Accident Lawyer from Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today
For more information, please contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Lakeland today. We have five convenient locations in Florida, including Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, and Lakeland.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers – Tampa Office
601 W Swann Ave, Tampa, FL 33606
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers – Clearwater Office
600 Bypass Dr Suite 224-D, Clearwater, FL 33764
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers – St. Petersburg Office
111 2nd Ave NE Suite 350, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers – New Port Richey Office
5006 Trouble Creek Rd Unit #200, Port Richey, FL 34652
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers – Lakeland Office
1543 Lakeland Hills Blvd Suite 18, Lakeland, FL 33805