New Port Richey has a lot of accidents for its population size. Most of these car accidents result from careless, impaired, or distracted driving.
These accidents injure or kill hundreds of people every year. The injuries range from minor wounds like bruises to incapacitating ones like spinal cord and brain injuries.
Read on to learn New Port Richey car accident statistics and what you can do to get compensation following a collision. Call (727) 910-5060 to schedule a free initial consultation with a Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers today.
How Common Are Car Accidents in New Port Richey, FL?
The state of Florida had 401,537 car accidents in 2021, as reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle (FLHSMV) Crash Dashboard. In 2022 the number diminished, with 388,215 car accidents.
This dashboard maintains updated statistics on countywide crashes.
The total accidents reported in Pasco County over the last several years are as follows:
- 2018: 7,516
- 2019: 7,773
- 2020: 7,327
- 2021: 8,155
- 2022: 7,699
Based on recent years, Pasco County makes up about 2% of the state’s total accidents.
New Port Richey Car Accidents Resulting in Fatalities
The fatal crashes occurring in Pasco County from 2018 to 2022 are as follows:
- 2018: 94 (1.25% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2019: 96 (1.23% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2020: 100 (1.36% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2021: 94 (1.15% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2022: 93 (1.2% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
On average, just around 1.2% of Pasco County’s collisions cause fatalities.
How Many New Port Richey Car Accidents Cause Injuries?
Many more car accidents in Pasco County cause injuries than fatalities, as indicated below:
- 2018: 3,734 (49.68% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2019: 3,813 (49.05% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2020: 3,785 (51.66% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2021: 4,387 (53.8% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
- 2022: 4,316 (55.81% of Pasco County’s total collisions)
Car accidents in 2022 and 2021 have caused a higher rate of injuries than in years past. The average injury rate between 2018 and 2020 was around 51%, whereas in 2021 and 2022, the rate has spiked up to nearly 56%.
New Port Richey Accidents Involving Bicyclists
The bicycle accidents reported in Pasco County are as follows:
- 2018: 148 accidents resulting in 10 fatalities and 131 injuries
- 2019: 191 accidents resulting in 7 fatalities and 178 injuries
- 2020: 161 accidents resulting in 13 fatalities and 146 injuries
- 2021: 144 accidents resulting in 5 fatalities and 134 injuries
- 2022: 190 accidents resulting in 8 fatalities and 180 injuries
On average, bicycle accidents in Pasco County cause injuries 92.26% of the time.
New Port Richey Accidents Involving Pedestrians
The pedestrian accidents reported in Pasco County are as follows:
- 2018: 179 accidents resulting in 19 fatalities and 150 injuries
- 2019: 194 accidents resulting in 23 fatalities and 151 injuries
- 2020: 171 accidents resulting in 23 fatalities and 135 injuries
- 2021: 161 accidents resulting in 22 fatalities and 119 injuries
- 2022: 200 accidents resulting in 27 fatalities and 163 injuries
Based on the statistics, pedestrians in New Port Richey are more likely to die in accidents than bicyclists.
New Port Richey Accidents Involving Motorcyclists
Here are the motorcycle accidents reported in Pasco County on the FLHSMV Crash Dashboard:
- 2018: 242 accidents resulting in 26 fatalities and 194 injuries
- 2019: 291 accidents resulting in 21 fatalities and 243 injuries
- 2020: 257 accidents resulting in 21 fatalities and 235 injuries
- 2021: 241 accidents resulting in 20 fatalities and 215 injuries
- 2022: 262 accidents resulting in 13 fatalities and 247 injuries
According to 2022 data, 94.2% of motorcyclists involved in accidents were injured.
New Port Richey Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics
The hit-and-run accidents reported in Pasco County over the last several years are as follows:
- 2018: 1,683 crashes causing 7 fatalities and 425 injuries
- 2019: 1,856 crashes causing 7 fatalities and 436 injuries
- 2020: 1,952 crashes causing 10 fatalities and 756 injuries
- 2021: 1,917 crashes causing 4 fatalities and 765 injuries
- 2022: 1,774 crashes causing 11 fatalities and 735 injuries
Hit-and-run accidents comprise a big part of Pasco County’s total collisions each year. Contact us for assistance if you’ve been involved in one of these crashes.
What Causes New Port Richey Car Accidents?
Driver negligence is the cause of most New Port Richey collisions, which may include:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Following too closely
- Improper turns
- Running stop signs and traffic lights
- Breaking other traffic laws
We can help you identify what caused the collision and establish liability.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in New Port Richey, Florida
Most car accidents in New Port Richey happened on US-19. The most dangerous segments of US-19 were between Floramar Terrace and Gulf Dr. and between Main St. and Palmetto Rd. The intersection of Massachusetts Ave. and Congress St. proved to be another hot spot for car accidents.
Intersection accidents accounted for most of the injury and fatal accidents in the city.
How Can Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Car Accident in New Port Richey?
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers is one of the best-known injury law firms in Florida. Our New Port Richey car accident attorneys have over 119 years of combined legal experience. Since the firm was founded over 21 years ago, our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims.
The attorneys at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers have earned many honors and awards, including an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell — its highest rating and a perfect 10 client review rating on Avvo.
When you get injured in a car accident, you might require compensation to pay for necessary treatment and therapy. We’ll use our experience to fight for you and get the maximum compensation possible in your car accident case.
To discuss how you can get the compensation you need following a car crash, contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers
Wherever it happens, a car accident can cause serious injuries that temporarily or permanently disable you. To talk through the compensation you can seek for your car accident injuries, contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.