The good weather and scenery in New Port Richey make it the perfect place to take your bike out for a ride. However, bikers know their ride can be cut short by a careless or distracted driver at any time. The US National Highway Safety Authority estimates that 5000 motorcyclists are killed annually.
That means about 14 riders die daily due to a motorcycle accident. In collisions involving a car and a motorcycle, 60% of the time the car driver is at fault. Despite this fact, many accident victims don’t take legal action against negligent drivers who caused them to be injured.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident contact a New Port Richey motorcycle accident attorney from Winters & Yonker, P.A. or call us at (727) 910-5060 to get compensation. The damages paid by the party at fault should help you cover the cost of injuries and losses.
Table of Contents
What Are Common Injuries Sustained In Motorcycle Accidents?
If not fatal, most motorcycle accidents cause serious injuries. This is because a rider only has their riding gear to protect them in the event of a crash. In a car accident, passengers have airbags and an overhead layer of protection which can minimize their injuries. Our personal injury attorneys in New Port Richey can assist you in getting compensation for your injuries. Common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Facial disfigurement
The cost of treating any of these injuries may run into thousands of dollars. For you to recover, you might have to take time off work. In some cases, the injuries you sustained may leave you unable to work again.
What Will My Motorcycle Accident Claim Cover?
With the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer in New Port Richey, Florida, you may recover compensation for:
- Medical bills.This will include past, present and future costs associated with treating your injuries
- Lost wages. Income lost due to you being off work can also be recovered by your motorcycle accident lawyer. If you are unable to work again, your lawyer will also seek something called future lost wages. This compensation will cover you for the years of work lost due to injuries.
- Property damage. This will cover the costs of repairing your motorcycle after the crash. Any other property destroyed because of the accident can also be compensated.
- Permanent disability. After your accident, you may suffer a partial or total disability. Your disability may leave you unable to take care of yourself, meaning you might need full-time care. To cater to your disability expenses and losses, you can ask for this type of compensation.
- Pain and suffering. This is aimed at compensating you for the physical pain and emotional stress caused by your injuries.
- Wrongful death benefits. If someone died, family members can ask to be compensated for funeral expenses, loss of companionship and loss of financial support.
To recover these damages, you might have to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible parties. This happens if an insurance company refuses to settle a claim.
How to be Safe While Riding a Motorcycle
As we have already seen, riding a motorcycle is dangerous. However, there are certain things you can do to keep yourself safe while out on the roads enjoying your hobby. Even if you’re not at fault for the crash, you can reduce the likelihood of serious injuries.
- Be alert. There are a lot of distracted drivers behind the wheel these days. Many of them are texting while driving, talking on the phone or eating. Be on the lookout for such drivers. They are putting your life and those of other road users at risk
- Stay within the speed limits. In 2015, 33% of fatal motorcycle accidents were as a result of the rider speeding. It is exciting to have the wind blow into your face at high speeds but slow down. If you’re speeding, you may not spot other road dangers.
- Ensure you have the proper gear. Getting on your bike without the proper gear is the most irresponsible thing you can do. Your gear, which includes a helmet, protective jacket, and riding boots, ensures you are protected when on the road. The safety gear can save your life if you’re involved in an accident.
Contact a New Port Richey Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Winters & Yonker, P.A., we aggressively represent victims of motorcycle accidents. We don’t believe you should suffer losses because of someone’s negligence. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after the crash.
Our qualified New Port Richey motorcycle accident lawyer and car accident lawyers in New Port Richey have the skills you need to secure compensation after a collision. To discuss your situation, contact our lawyers today at (813) 223-6200 for a free consultation.
New Port Richey Motorcycle Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.
Local Physical Therapists
- CORA Physical Therapy Holiday – 3442 US-19, Holiday, FL 34691
- Select Physical Therapy – New Port Richey – 5347 Main St Suite 202, New Port Richey, FL 34652
- Select Physical Therapy – Port Richey – 6474 Ridge Rd, Port Richey, FL 34668
- Ginger Health Occupational Physical Therapy – 8726 Old County Rd 54, New Port Richey, FL 34653
- Rehab Action, Inc. – 8401 Carolyn Dr, Port Richey, FL 34668
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.