Intersection crashes are the most common type of car accident in the United States. Each year, about one-half of traffic injuries are credited to intersections. Furthermore, about 25% of traffic deaths each year occur at intersections.
The damages caused by intersection accidents can be life-altering. You need an experienced Clearwater car accident lawyer to fight to get you the money you deserve.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have over 119 years of collective legal experience handling personal injury claims, and our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We are focused and driven to hold negligent drivers liable for the damages they cause.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with one of our Clearwater personal injury attorneys at (727) 493-4418. We are here to help you and your family as you continue to recover from a devastating car crash in Clearwater, Florida.
How Our Clearwater Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You After an Intersection Crash
Our legal team focuses our attention and resources on pursuing personal injury claims for our clients.
You can trust that when you hire Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you will receive compassionate, competent, and aggressive legal representation.
When you hire Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for help after an intersection crash in Clearwater, FL, you can expect us to:
- Analyze your case and advise you of your legal rights and options
- Conduct our own investigation to determine how your car crash occurred and gather evidence proving fault
- Work with expert witnesses, medical specialists, and accident reconstructionists to gather evidence to strengthen your case
- File insurance claims and aggressively negotiate settlement agreements for the full value of your damages
- Fight allegations of failure to mitigate damages and comparative negligence
- Work to settle your car accident case as quickly as possible, but never rush to settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit and advocate for you in court, if necessary
Your time to file an intersection accident claim is limited by Florida’s statute of limitations. Call today to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers in Clearwater, FL.
What Causes Intersection Crashes in Clearwater, FL?
Most intersection accidents occur because a driver fails to yield the right of way. Driver negligence is a common cause of Clearwater intersection crashes.
Factors that can lead to an intersection accident include:
- Drowsy driving
- Poorly designed intersections
- Failing to keep a proper lookout
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Overgrown trees and shrubs or structures blocking a driver’s view
- Missing or damaged traffic signs
Intersection accidents can result in rollovers, rear-end accidents, side-impact crashes, and head-on collisions. As the speed of the vehicles increases, the risk of severe injuries also increases.
Who Is Responsible for Damages Caused By an Intersection Crash in Clearwater?
The driver who caused the accident could be held financially liable for damages and injuries sustained by other people involved in the crash. This will depend on your PIP policy (which you must turn to first), other available insurance, and the severity of your injuries.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of wages, benefits, income, and earning capacity
- Medical bills and costs of rehabilitation
- Emotional distress
- Scarring, disfigurement, and permanent impairment
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Cost of personal care and assistance with household chores
The amount you receive for damages depends on the severity of your injuries and the strength of the evidence proving fault.
Proving Fault for a Clearwater Intersection Crash
As the injured party, you have the burden of proving that the other driver caused the intersection crash to recover damages from their liability insurance policy or a personal injury claim.
Evidence that could prove fault includes, but is not limited to:
- Video of the collision
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Statements from drivers, passengers, and eyewitnesses
- Physical evidence from the crash site and the vehicles
- Testimony and opinions from expert witnesses
- Data collected from vehicle recording devices
The at-fault driver might claim that you are partially to blame for causing the crash. If so, they might try to reduce your compensation under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws. Under Florida law, your compensation for damages could be reduced by your percentage of fault for causing the crash. If you are mostly at fault, you cannot recover any damages.
Insurance companies and other opposing parties often try to use comparative fault in cases involving intersection crashes to limit liability for damages. Therefore, never admit fault at the accident scene or agree to a recorded statement for the insurance company.
Instead of talking with an insurance adjuster, let our legal team handle the communications so that your comments cannot be twisted and used against you to hurt your personal injury case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Crash Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
If you or a family member were injured in an intersection crash, call us for a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced car crash lawyer in Clearwater, FL. We handle all car accident cases