Have you been in a bicycle accident in St. Petersburg, FL? Were you seriously injured? A St. Petersburg bicycle accident lawyer from Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you to maximize your compensation and the value of your claim. Contact us today at (727) 314-5988 to schedule a free consultation.
Our attorneys are known as “The Aggressive Attorneys.” Why? We’ve recovered millions of dollars for accident victims in Tampa Bay and forced insurance companies and at-fault parties to accept responsibility for our client’s injuries from cases like St. Petersburg pedestrian accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice in St. Petersburg, and many more.
Contact one of our St. Petersburg bicycle accident attorneys. We work on contingency; you pay nothing unless we win your claim.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, Florida, can be a wonderful place to ride your bike. But the peninsula has its fair share of congestion and tourism — which can cause unfavorable cycling conditions. If a driver struck you while you were riding your bicycle, you deserve compensation. You also deserve a St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer to help you battle the insurance company to get that compensation.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers was founded in 2001 to provide aggressive representation to accident victims in Tampa Bay. Our team has helped victims and families recover millions of dollars after their accidents.
When you hire us, you can expect us to:
- Explain your rights and options for recovering compensation
- Investigate your bicycle accident to gather evidence and identify liable parties.
- Calculate your losses related to the accident and establish the value of your claim
- Consult leading experts (when necessary) to help strengthen your case
- Handle all communications, paperwork, and negotiations with the insurance company
- Take your case to trial to get fair compensation
Our legal team has over 100 years of combined legal experience. We’re ready to put our skills and resources behind your case. Contact us today for a free case review with a St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in St. Pete, FL?
Tampa Bay has a high number of bike accidents each year. St. Petersburg has a large share of them.
As of October 2022, Pinellas County has experienced 425 bicycle crashes. These crashes have caused ten deaths and hundreds of injuries. In 2021, there were 546 bicycle crashes in Pinellas County, which caused 16 fatalities.
These statistics don’t even begin to account for the bicycle accident numbers in Tampa and Hillsborough County, which also has hundreds of bicycle accidents each year.
What is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
It’s impossible to pinpoint the value of your case without a complete assessment of all your damages. Your injuries and accident were unique, and therefore, your case value will be unique.
The value of your claim will depend heavily on a few factors:
- Available insurance coverages
- The strength of your evidence
- The cost of your medical expenses
- The extent of your lost income
- Whether you’ve suffered diminished earning capacity
- The pain and suffering you’ve experienced after the accident
- Whether you share fault for your crash
Establishing the true value of your claim is one of the most important things you can do to set yourself up for success in negotiations with the insurance company. The best way to determine your case’s worth is by consulting an experienced bicycle accident lawyer in St. Petersburg.
Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for help tracking your damages and calculating the value of your claim.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in Florida?
After a bicycle crash, you will typically be entitled to two forms of damages from the at-fault driver. Economic damages will cover your financial losses after the accident. Non-economic damages will cover personal losses without a clear financial value.
Economic damages typically include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Travel expenses to and from medical treatment
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy costs
Non-economic damages usually cover:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Rare cases involving gross negligence or intentional misconduct may qualify for punitive damages. Punitive damages seek to punish the at-fault party for their behavior rather than compensate the victim for their damages. For example, a bicycle accident caused by a drunk driver might qualify for punitive damages.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed For a Bicycle Accident?
In Florida, you can recover compensation if you are being blamed for an accident if you are not mostly at fault. Florida has modified comparative rules. Courts and juries will divide liability for an accident between all parties that were involved. Each party is then responsible for a share of damages based on their portion of fault.
For example, suppose you have $100,000 in damages after a driver strikes your bike with their car. However, suppose a court finds you 10% responsible for the crash for not having reflectors on your bicycle. In this case, you could only recover $90,000 in damages (90%).
Insurers try to use these rules to minimize the amount of compensation they owe you — even if you share no fault for the accident. An experienced bicycle accident attorney in St. Petersburg can protect you from allegations of comparative fault. Call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers today or fill out our contact form to get started.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Most bicycle accident cases are based on negligence. Negligence requires proof of four elements: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
You will have to show:
- The driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers owe a duty to other road users to obey traffic laws and drive safely.
- The driver breached their duty of care. Drivers may breach their duty of care by violating traffic laws.
- The driver caused your accident. You will have to prove your accident would not have happened without the at-fault driver’s breach of duty. You will also have to show that your injuries were foreseeable.
- You suffered damages. You will have to prove you incurred damages related to the accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, or other losses.
Your personal injury lawyer in St. Petersburg will use many different types of evidence to help you establish negligence. They may rely on police reports, citations, photographs/videos, medical records, expert testimony, and eyewitness testimony.
Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers for help proving your negligence claim. Our attorneys are ready to put 100+ years of experience behind your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in St. Petersburg?
Florida limits the amount of time you have to file a claim after a bicycle accident. The statute of limitations for bicycle accidents is the same for car accidents and many other personal injuries. You’ll typically have four years to file a lawsuit after your bicycle crash — two years if a wrongful death occurred.
If you fail to file your claim by the deadline, you will be barred from recovering compensation. Our experienced lawyers can help you determine the statute of limitations in your case.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Bicycle Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
Bicycle riders usually suffer severe injuries in a bike crash. But you don’t have to endure those injuries quietly. You can hold the driver responsible for your damages. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our St. Petersburg bicycle accident lawyers are ready to put 100+ years of combined experience to work for you. Let “The Aggressive Attorneys” handle the legal aspects of your claim while you rest and recover from your injuries.
Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with a member of our legal team. We’re standing by to take your call.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Boating Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Child Injury Attorneys
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Premises Liability Attorney
- Product Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg
- Truck Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL