Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in St. Petersburg, FL? Our St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get substantial compensation to cover your medical bills and other damages. Call us today at (727) 314-5988 to get legal assistance.
You’ll need experienced legal representation to get all the money you deserve. Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers are “The Aggressive Attorneys” you need to stand up to the insurance company. We’ve recovered millions for injured clients in Tampa Bay from their car accident cases, St. Petersburg pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, truck accidents, construction accidents in St. Petersburg, and more.
How Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Crash in St. Petersburg?
Insurers are notorious for blaming motorcycle riders for their crashes. You should take such allegations lying down. You’ll have to fight back if you want to get compensation for all your damages after your motorcycle crash.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can be your voice. We are “The Aggressive Attorneys,” and our lawyers will exhaust every possible avenue to help you recover the money you need to move forward. Our team of attorneys has over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We’ve recovered millions for accident victims in St. Petersburg, Florida.
When you hire us to represent you, we will:
- Explain your rights and options under Florida statutes
- Investigate the circumstances of your motorcycle accident to gather evidence
- Obtain police reports and citations related to the accident
- Calculate the value of your personal injury claim
- Consult with experts to strengthen your case (if necessary)
- Lead all communications and negotiations on your behalf
- Take your case to trial to stand up for your right to compensation
Contact us today to schedule a free case review with a St. Petersburg personal injury attorney. We’re standing by to help.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in St. Petersburg?
Florida is one of the leading states for motorcycle accidents. The state had 8,639 motorcycle crashes in 2021. These accidents killed 624 people. Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg experienced a large share of these wrecks.
Pinellas county had a total of 432 motorcycle crashes in 2021, which caused 29 deaths. Nearby Hillsborough county had 584 motorcycle accidents and 37 resulting deaths. Pasco County added another 241 crashes, which resulted in 20 deaths.
Tragically, motorcycle riders suffer most of the serious and fatal injuries in motorcycle collisions, even when they are wearing a helmet.
What is My St. Pete Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
No lawyer will be able to tell you the value of your case before meeting with you and analyzing your damages. Your injuries are unique, your losses are unique, and, therefore, your claim value will be unique.
The following factors will have the greatest impact on your claim’s value:
- Available insurance coverages and whether the at-fault driver had bodily damage liability insurance
- Your medical expenses
- The extent of your lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- The pain and suffering you’ve experienced after the accident
- Whether you share blame for the accident
- The strength of your evidence
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in St. Petersburg can help you determine the value of your claim. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
What Damages Are Available After My Motorcycle Crash in Florida?
Motorcycle accident victims are typically entitled to two forms of damages after a crash. Economic damages will cover your financial losses; non-economic damages cover your personal, non-monetary losses.
Economic damages typically include money for:
- Past and current medical bills
- Future medical attention
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
Non-economic damages include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Economic damages can usually be proven by documentation such as receipts, invoices, and bills. Non-economic losses have no intrinsic value and, therefore, will not have documentation to substantiate them. You may need financial and/or medical experts to help you prove your non-economic damages.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you track and calculate all your damages. We’ll make sure you leave no losses out of your claim, and we’ll help you prove each damage to get the money you deserve.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for My Motorcycle Crash?
Insurance companies have a habit of blaming motorcycle riders for crashes — even when the rider is blameless. They latch on to the old perception that motorcycles are dangerous and bikers engage in risky riding behaviors.
Nonetheless, you can recover compensation if you are being blamed for a motorcycle accident. Florida has modified comparative fault rules. If you share blame for an accident, your damages will be reduced to account for your percentage of fault. If you are mostly at fault (51% or more), you cannot recover compensation.
For example, suppose a driver runs a red light and hits your motorcycle. Suppose you were speeding at the time of the crash. Say a jury finds you 10% responsible for the crash and the driver 90% responsible. If you have $100,000 in damages, you will recover $90,000 (90%).
Not all allegations of comparative fault are genuine. Our motorcycle crash attorneys in St. Petersburg can protect you from unfounded accusations of blame. We can help you get all the money you deserve — not just some.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Crashes in St. Petersburg, Florida?
The causes of most motorcycle accidents in St. Pete are really the same as everywhere else. These crashes typically happen due to:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk and drugged driving (DUI)
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Failing to check for riders when switching lanes
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Road conditions and defects
- Poor weather conditions
- Vehicle defects
Motorcycle and car accidents can have more than one cause and more than one liable party. That’s why it’s important to identify each contributing cause of your crash. It may help you recover compensation from every party that shares blame for your crash.
How Do I Prove Negligence After My Motorcycle Crash?
In your claim, you will allege that another party (likely a driver) failed to exercise reasonable care and caused your crash. In other words, you will claim they were negligent.
Negligence claims require proof of four elements:
You will have to show that the defendant owed you a duty of care; all drivers owe other road users a duty to follow traffic laws and drive safely. Next, you will have to show the defendant breached their duty of care, such as by speeding or violating other traffic laws.
Third, you must prove that the defendant’s breach caused your accident and that your injuries were a foreseeable consequence of their conduct. Lastly, you must establish your damages after the crash.
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers can help you gather evidence to prove each element of your negligence claim. We’ll conduct an exhaustive investigation to find proof of the other party’s fault. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation to learn more.
How Long Do I Have to File My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Florida gives you two years to file a lawsuit after a motorcycle accident in most cases. The clock typically starts ticking on the date of your accident. Wrongful death claims also have a two-year time limit.
These time frames are known as statutes of limitation. If you fail to file your claim by the deadline, you will be barred from recovering compensation in court.
You may have longer than two years in some circumstances, but you should get started on your case as soon as possible to avoid statute of limitations issues. Call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers today for help calculating the statute of limitations in your case.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyers to Get Started on Your Claim.
You’ve been through enough after your crash. Let us take on the legal responsibilities of your claim while you rest and recover from your injuries. We’ll use our decades of experience to make your claim as strong as possible. Then, we’ll demand fair compensation for all your damages related to the crash.
Our tried and true legal approach has enabled us to recover millions of dollars. Let us put our skills behind your case.
Contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers today or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free consultation with a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyer.
Local Physical Therapists
- Back 2 Normal Physical Therapy – 465 2nd Ave N a, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Alliance Regen & Rehab – 111 2nd Ave NE Suite 1401, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Paramount Movement and Performance PT – 259 4th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Therapy & Sports Center – 412 12th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Plyogenix Physical Therapy and Performance – 9 Dr. M.L.K. Jr St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Boating Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg Child Injury Attorneys
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Premises Liability Attorney
- Product Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg
- Truck Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL