Were you injured in a head-on collision in St. Petersburg, FL? These crashes are among the most dangerous and devastating types of auto accidents. Many lead to serious injuries and, in tragic cases, fatalities.
In recent years, the Federal Highway Administration has reported that head-on collisions accounted for approximately 14 percent of all U.S. traffic fatalities nationwide.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, our St. Petersburg head-on crash lawyers represent victims and their loved ones after these horrific accidents. Contact our team today, they can help you recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial toll of these car accidents with compassion and empathy.
Call our law office at (727) 314-5988 for a free initial consultation with an experienced St. Petersburg car accident lawyer.
How Can a St. Petersburg Car Accident Attorney Help After a Head-On Crash?
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers has helped victims of head-on crashes since 2001. With over 119 years of combined experience, our team has recovered tens of millions in compensation for clients, including victims of head-on collisions.
Our St. Petersburg head-on crash attorneys can help with:
- Evaluating your claim
- Investigating your head-on crash
- Calculating your damages
- Proving negligence and liability
- Retaining expert witnesses
- Negotiating settlements
- Litigating in state courts
It can be challenging to navigate the aftermath of a head-on crash in St. Petersburg, Florida. With our car accident lawyers by your side, you do not have to do it alone.
What Injuries Occur in Head-On Crashes in St. Petersburg, FL?
Head-on crashes can be catastrophic. Injuries can vary significantly depending on the severity of the impact.
Common injuries include:
- Head Injuries: This includes traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and lacerations.
- Neck and Spinal Injuries: This includes whiplash, spinal cord damage, and herniated discs.
- Chest Injuries: This includes broken ribs and internal lung damage.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: This includes broken bones in the arms, legs, pelvis, and other areas due to the force of impact.
- Cuts and Bruises: These can occur from shattered glass, metal, or the impact itself.
These injuries may range from mild to severe. In some cases, they can even be life-threatening or fatal. Victims of head-on accidents need to seek immediate medical attention, even if they initially feel fine. Not all internal injuries will be apparent immediately. For example, certain head and neck injuries could take days or weeks to show symptoms.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Head-On Collision in St. Petersburg, Florida?
Head-on collisions can have devastating consequences. Accident victims face physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional trauma related to the crash. After a head-on crash in St. Petersburg, you may be able to recover compensation for these losses, or damages, depending on the facts of your case.
Common damages that may be recoverable include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for immediate and ongoing medical treatment.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for lost income due to missed work or your inability to work in the short- or long-term.
- Property Damage: Compensation for repairing or replacing your vehicle or other damaged property.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Compensation for the inability to enjoy hobbies and other activities.
- Punitive Damages: In rare cases, punitive damages if the other party’s conduct was particularly egregious or malicious.
Consulting a St. Petersburg personal injury attorney can help you understand the full range of damages you may be entitled to. We will evaluate your claim and the facts, damages, and applicable law.
What Should I Do After a Head-On Crash in St. Petersburg, FL?
Head-on crashes can be startling. If you are in a head-on collision, there are steps to take to protect yourself and others.
Be sure to:
- Make the Scene Safe: Move to a safe area if you can. If you feel any head or neck pain or suspect other injuries, wait in your vehicle for help from first responders. Do not move yourself or others who are injured unless necessary for safety.
- Call 911: Report the accident and request medical assistance if needed. Police will create a crash report.
- Exchange Information: Get the other driver’s contact and insurance details.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the vehicles, road conditions, and other relevant signs or signals.
- Seek Medical Attention: Get checked by a healthcare professional. Even if you feel fine, ask for a comprehensive medical evaluation.
- Report the Accident: Notify your insurance company about the crash.
- Consider Legal Advice: Consult a St. Petersburg head-on collision lawyer if you sustained injuries or significant damages.
Remember, your safety and health are paramount. Head-on crashes can be catastrophic, so take all steps to protect your health and safety after an accident.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Head-On Crash in St. Petersburg, Florida?
In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit related to a car accident, such as a head-on crash, is typically two years from the accident date. This means you have two years to file a lawsuit for any injuries you sustained.
If the crash resulted in the death of a loved one, the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death lawsuit is two years from the date of the person’s death. This date may be different from the accident date.
Contact Our Experienced St. Petersburg Head-On Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a head-on collision in St. Petersburg, do not worry about navigating the aftermath alone. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our St. Petersburg head-on accident attorneys. Our team can meet with you to discuss your case and plan a path forward that protects your rights.