Tampa, Florida is known for congested, busy roads and intersections. Unfortunately, intersections are a common location for traffic accidents. According to the Federal Highway Administration, about 25% of traffic deaths and 50% of traffic injuries occur at intersections annually.
The Tampa car accident lawyers at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers understand the devastation caused by intersection crashes. Our attorneys have over 119 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases. Since we began representing clients in the Tampa Bay area, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Were you injured in an intersection crash in Tampa, FL? If so, contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and ask a member of our legal team all the questions you may have at (813) 223-6200.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After an Intersection Crash
Our lawyers are dedicated advocates for car accident victims. When you hire our legal team at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your accident case, you will receive skilled, aggressive, and compassionate legal representation from top personal injury attorneys in Tampa.
You can expect us to:
- Initiate an independent accident investigation to determine the cause of your intersection accident
- Identify all parties who contributed to the cause of the crash
- Review and verify insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Work with you to document your damages to maximize how much your case is worth
- Hire medical specialists, financial professionals, accident reconstructionists, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Aggressively negotiate a settlement agreement for the total value of your claim
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court, if that is in your best interest
Our Tampa personal injury attorneys take every case our law firm accepts very seriously. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, so it costs you nothing upfront to hire experienced car accident lawyers in Tampa. Call today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Who Is Responsible for a Tampa Intersection Accident?
When a crash occurs at an intersection, the cause is likely a driver’s failure to yield the right of way or other negligence. However, one or more factors could have contributed to the cause of the crash.
Common reasons for intersection crashes in Tampa include:
- Poorly designed intersections
- Tailgating and following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Buildings, structures, trees, or shrubs blocking a driver’s view
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a proper lookout
- Road defects
- Drowsy driving
- Passenger negligence
- Missing or damaged traffic signs and/or signals
- Confusing road signs and directional arrows
Typically, the driver who caused a crash at an intersection can be held financially liable for damages. As the accident victim, you have the burden of proving that the other driver caused the intersection accident. If you cannot prove fault, you cannot recover damages for your injuries and losses.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Intersection Crash in Tampa, FL?
The compensation you receive in an intersection accident claim depends on the facts of your case.
For example, allegations of comparative negligence could decrease the value of your claim. On the other hand, traumatic injuries and permanent impairments typically increase the amount you can receive for an accident claim. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers will work to maximize the factors that can increase your case’s value while minimizing negative factors.
- Emotional distress
- Cost of personal care and assistance with household chores
- Loss of enjoyment of and quality of life
- Medical bills and expenses related to rehabilitation
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Disfigurement, scarring, and permanent impairment
- Loss of salaries, wages, benefits, earning capacity, and other forms of income
You can help maximize damages by keeping detailed records of all expenses and costs related to the accident and your injuries. Also, note how your injuries impact your daily life during your recovery. This information can be helpful when calculating the value of pain and suffering damages.
Common Injuries Caused By Intersection Crashes in Tampa, FL
Common injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Injury to internal organs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Back and neck injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
Prompt medical care is essential. You need medical records proving that the crash resulted in your injuries. Delays in medical care could hurt your case and cause you to receive less money than your claim is worth.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Accident Attorneys After an Intersection Crash
Florida car insurance laws can make car accident claims challenging and complicated. However, we understand the law and how to apply it to your case to increase your chance of a positive outcome.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Tampa, FL. Our team handles all auto accidents, including:
- Lane change crashes
- Left-turn accidents
- Highway crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car accident statistics
- Car color & crash risk
- Florida car inspection laws
- Florida child car seat laws
- Do I have to go to court after a car accident in Florida?
- Tampa car accident frequently asked questions
- What to do after a car accident in Tampa
- Can I be compensated for pre-existing conditions after a Tampa car accident?
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Tampa
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Tampa
- Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Tampa
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Premises Liability Attorney in Tampa
- Product Liability Lawyers in Tampa
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in Tampa
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Tampa
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Tampa
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tampa