Highway crashes are a common occurrence in and around Tampa, FL each year. Many of these car accidents result in catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
If you or a loved one was injured in a highway crash in Tampa, Florida, Winters & Yonker, P.A. is here to assist you. We have extensive experience handling collision cases and are prepared to fight for your fair compensation. Contact our law office today for a free case evaluation at (813) 223-6200.
Table of Contents
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Highway Crash
With over 119 years of combined legal experience, the team at Winters & Yonker, P.A. is one of the most recognized personal injury law firms in Tampa, FL. We provide a high level of client service that has earned the trust of countless clients.
Let our Tampa car accident attorneys put our extensive skill and knowledge to use and help with your claim by:
- Thoroughly conducting an investigation into the crash and the factors that contributed to it
- Identifying all parties potentially liable for your accident
- Preserving vital information for your claim
- Advising you of your legal rights and options
- Filing all claims with insurance companies and other parties
- Negotiating for maximum compensation on your behalf
- Answering any questions you have that arise, including whether a settlement offer will fairly provide for your losses
We’re ready to give you the aggressive legal representation you deserve. Contact our law firm today for your free case review.
What Are Common Causes of Highway Crashes in Tampa, FL?
Some of the most common causes of highway crashes in and around Tampa include:
- Following too closely
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Not obeying traffic lights and signs
- Not yielding the right-of-way
- Failing to obey traffic laws
Our Tampa highway crash attorneys can investigate your accident and identify the factors that led to the crash.
Common Injuries Stemming from Highway Crashes
Many highway crashes occur at higher speeds.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, crashes that occur at higher speeds are more likely to result in serious injuries because:
- Increased speeds require longer stopping distances to avoid crashes.
- Accidents that occur at higher speeds hit with a greater force.
- Safety equipment like airbags and seat belts are not as effective at higher speeds.
Common injuries that stem from highway crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Other catastrophic injuries
In addition to the severe injuries these accidents can cause, they can also cause a significant loss of earnings, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Proving Liability for Highway Crashes in Tampa, Florida
Another driver is generally liable for a highway crash. To recover compensation beyond your own personal injury protection coverage, you will have to show you suffered a serious injury and the other driver caused it.
This often relies on presenting compelling evidence, such as:
- Accident report
- Dash cam footage
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Property damage that reflects the point of impact
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts
In some crashes, other parties may share liability for the accident, including a government entity that failed to properly maintain the highway or a product manufacturer who produced a defective product that contributed to the crash. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers will work hard to help you recover the compensation you need to move on with your life after a serious highway crash.
Potential Damages in Tampa Car Accident Claims
Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover compensation for the various damages you incurred or expect to incur, such as:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, emergency treatment and transportation, costs of surgery, rehabilitation, prescription medication, follow-up care, visits with specialists, and anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost wages, employment benefits, and income, including a reduction in your earning capacity if you are unable to return to your regular job after the accident
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle and other damaged personal property
- Pain, suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and inconvenience
- Scarring or permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and damage to your relationship with others
An experienced Tampa personal injury attorney can review the circumstances surrounding your claim and give you an estimate of the potential value of your claim.
Contact Our Tampa Car Crash Attorneys for a Free Case Review
If you were injured in a highway crash in Tampa, FL, you deserve a strong legal advocate on your side who will fight for the compensation you need to put your life back on track.
The Tampa car accident lawyers at Winters & Yonker, P.A. are here to help you through every step of the process. We will demand the compensation you deserve and fight tirelessly to help you obtain it. Contact our law office today for a free, no-obligation case review.