A lane change accident is often thought of as a minor sideswipe accident. However, lane change crashes can also result in multi-vehicle accidents, rear-end accidents, head-on collisions, rollovers, hit & runs, and other types of crashes. The occupants of all vehicles can sustain catastrophic and deadly injuries
Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers have decades of experience in personal injury. Our Tampa lane change crash lawyers understand the dynamics of these car accidents. We know the damage they can cause and have the skills to help you get the compensation you deserve.
How Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Lane Change Crash
Knowing whether you need to hire a car accident attorney after a lane change crash in Tampa, Florida, might be difficult. However, we want you to know that we are here to help, and you do not have to handle this matter alone.
With more than two decades of service and millions of dollars in damages recovered, we have developed extensive resources and skills that benefit you as you seek a fair settlement for your car accident claim.
When you hire our top-rated Florida personal injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the lane change accident to determine fault
- Gather evidence proving other drivers or third parties are responsible for causing the car crash
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to the insurance settlement
- Document your damages to calculate the maximum value for your claim
- Work with experts to build a strong case, as necessary
- File a lawsuit and take your case to a jury trial if the other parties refuse to negotiate in good faith
Our legal team at Winters & Yonker Personal injury Lawyers. protects you from aggressive insurance adjusters and bad-faith insurance practices. We are here for you when you need trusted, reliable legal representation.
Call us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced car accident attorney in Tampa, Florida.
Common Causes of Tampa Lane Change Accidents
Florida traffic laws require drivers to follow specific rules when driving on divided roadways. A requirement is that drivers ensure they can safely change lanes before moving outside of their lane.
Improper lane changes occur for many reasons. Common reasons for lane change accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Failing to check blind spots
- Traveling at unsafe speeds
- Changing multiple lanes at one time
- Misjudging the distance between vehicles
- Passenger negligence
- Changing lanes too close to or in the middle of an intersection
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Road defects
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Poorly designed or marked roadways and intersections
One or more parties could be liable for the damages caused by an improper lane change. Drivers, government agencies, pedestrians, automobile manufacturers, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and other third parties could be responsible for your damages. Our Tampa lane change accident attorneys identify each responsible party to maximize your recovery amount.
What Damages Are Available for a Lane Change Crash in Tampa, FL?
Your damages determine how much your personal injury case is worth. The severity of your injuries and the manner of the crash significantly impact the damages you sustain.
The types of damages you could recover include:
- The cost of past and future medical care and treatment
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Diminished earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Past and future lost wages
- Disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
The amount you receive depends on the facts of your case. However, allegations of comparative fault could reduce the amount you receive. If you are more than 50% at fault, you can be barred from receiving any money for your claim if the accident occurred on or after March 24, 2023.
Don’t accept an insurance settlement without legal advice. You could be entitled to more money than the insurance company offers. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Injuries Caused by Tampa Lane Change Crashes
The injuries you might sustain vary. Lane change accidents can cause multiple injuries, including:
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Broken bones and fractures
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injury
- Whiplash injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Airbag injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
It is crucial that you seek prompt medical treatment after a lane change accident. Delays in medical care could jeopardize your health and your personal injury claim. Then, contact Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Lane Change Crash Lawyers
Don’t let the insurance company bully you into accepting a low settlement offer. Instead, call our office to talk with an experienced Tampa lane change crash attorney. We will answer all questions you may have. Our car accident lawyers fiercely protect your best interests and right to fair compensation for a lane change crash in Tampa.
We handle all auto accident cases, including:
- Highway crashes
- Left-turn accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- and more