Hit-and-run accidents are frustrating for accident victims. They have no one to hold liable for their injuries and damages. However, that does not mean hit-and-run accident victims do not have options for receiving compensation for a car accident claim.
The Tampa hit-and-run accident lawyers of Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, have over 119 years of combined legal experience. Our law firm has won millions of dollars for our clients. We are aggressive legal advocates for accident victims and their families.
Contact our law firm in Tampa, FL, to schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer at (813) 223-6200.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Hit and Run Accident
Fighting an insurance company in Tampa, Florida, is daunting. The company has unlimited resources and insurance professionals to fight your claim. Hiring our Tampa car accident attorneys puts you on an even playing field.
At Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers, we have considerable experience handling car accident claims. We also have substantial resources and skills developed over decades of representing personal injury clients.
When you hire our injury lawyers in Tampa, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to gather evidence proving how the car crash happened
- Work with experts, including medical professionals and accident reconstructionists
- File insurance claims and handle all communication with the insurance company
- Document damages to calculate how much your car accident case is worth
- Aggressively negotiate for a settlement amount that compensates you fully for your damages
- File a personal injury lawsuit and proceed to court if the other parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement amount
Being injured in a car accident can be overwhelming. Our legal team at Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers is here to provide advice, guidance, and support. Call now for your free case evaluation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Tampa, FL.
Why Do Hit-and-Run Accidents Happen in Tampa?
Hit-and-run accidents are common. In 2021, there were 109,646 hit-and-run crashes throughout the state. Just over 7,300 of those crashes occurred in Hillsborough County.
Reasons why a person might flee the scene of an accident include, but are not limited to:
- Did not have the required car insurance coverage
- Stolen items or drugs were in the vehicle
- Immigration status
- Driving while under the influence
- Did not have a valid driver’s license
- Driving a stolen vehicle or did not have permission to drive the car
- Afraid of the consequences
- The driver was on parole or probation
Failing to stop at an accident scene is against the law. The charge for leaving the scene of an accident involving property damages is typically a second-degree misdemeanor. The charge increases to a felony if the crash caused injuries or fatalities.
In addition to criminal charges, the driver can also be sued in civil court. Accident victims can recover non-economic and economic damages if they identify the hit-and-run driver. The jury could also award punitive damages, depending on the facts of the case.
Unfortunately, many hit-and-run accidents go unsolved. However, you can file a no-fault insurance claim with your insurance provider.
Filing an Insurance Claim for a Hit and Run Crash
Florida is a no-fault state for car accidents. All drivers must have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. Therefore, if your accident involved a hit-and-run driver, your first step is to file an insurance claim with your PIP insurance company.
However, PIP insurance only compensates you for a portion of your lost wages and medical bills. It does not pay anything for non-economic damages. Therefore, you might want to talk to us about filing an uninsured motorist claim.
What Compensation Can I Receive for a Hit & Run Accident in Tampa, FL?
If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering in addition to your monetary losses. Damages can include:
- Medical expenses and costs
- All loss of income and benefits
- Physical pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- A decrease in quality of life
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
Before receiving compensation for an uninsured motorist claim, you must prove that the hit and run driver caused the accident. Because the driver fled the scene, proving fault for the accident can be challenging. Even though you filed the claim with your insurance company, it might fight the claim.
Hiring our experienced Tampa hit-and-run accident lawyers can help you maximize compensation. We work to uncover the evidence necessary to prove causation and fault. If necessary, we can file a lawsuit against your insurance company if it refuses to pay a valid claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Crash Lawyers
You should not be responsible for the damages caused by a hit-and-run driver. Let us help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call Winters & Yonker Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our Tampa hit-and-run car accident lawyers.
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Tampa
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Tampa
- Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Tampa
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Premises Liability Attorney in Tampa
- Product Liability Lawyers in Tampa
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in Tampa
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Tampa
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Tampa
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Tampa
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tampa